Chapter 14: Tension

I hold him close and don't let go

I hold him close and don't let go. I hold him closer and let him fall asleep.

But my mind doesn't stop.

I don't understand what happened? Maybe he just got anxiety? Maybe he was scared?

I don't know what happened but i'm sure something triggered him.

I'm trying to wrap my head around it all.

He knows my secret now. He knows i'm sick, he knows there's something wrong with me.

I grab my phone and see messages from Arlo.

Arlo: Is he okay?
Is something wrong with him?
Did we do something?

Me: I think he just had a panic attack, it wasn't you

Arlo: Okay, can i come see him?

Me: He's sleeping

Arlo: I'll see you both at dinner?

Me: Yes

"Thank you so much." Henry sighs snuggling closer against me.

I smile and cradle his body against mine, "I'm here."

We stay here together for the rest of the day. Watching movies, holding eachother, resting.

And it feels like home.

~~

Henry and I join our friends at the dinner table. Henry squeezes my hand tightly as everyone looks at him.

I know he's anxious.

Everyone's silent. There's tension, i think everyone just want an explanation or wants to understand what happened. But i don't think it's for them to know.

"What's everyone ordering?" I shift my chair closer to Henry as his legs bounce up and down.

"I'm gonna get pizza," Arlo says, "No a burger, no, pasta, no, casserole."

And that's enough for everyone to begin blabbering again between each other.

"What do you want to eat, baby?" I brush Henry's hair off his face.

He looks at me and slightly smiles before looking back at the menu, his cheeks turning pink.

"Um i think i want the beef tacos."

"Oo those sound good."

The waiter soon comes around and i order for Henry and myself.

Everyone begins talking and chatting as usual getting back into our normal rhythm.

"Hey Henry, we have a game two weeks after we get back home, do you wanna play?" Hayden asks.

Henry nods shyly.

"Come to our practices, the team will love you." Coen smiles warmly.

Oakley and Arlo nod along in agreement.

"That would be fun." Henry says.

After dinner we return to our room and do our night routine.

Henry and I crawl into bed and it doesn't take long until we are tangled up in eachothers arms.

And for the entire week we are here, that's how we sleep every night.

the way she talks to him lawwwdddddddddddd