Chapter 25: Hurt

Nellie doesn't come to class today

Nellie doesn't come to class today. I miss her. I'm worried about her.

Where is she?

I've sent her a few messages, but she won't respond.

I exit class and i spot the group standing over at Arlo's locker.

I slowly walk over and they look as confused as i do.

"Have you guys seen Nellie today?" I ask shyly.

They all shake their heads.

"Somethings up, everyone is acting weird and she's not here." Oakley says.

I nod.

"Hey Henry!" Baxter comes over.

I instinctively move closer to Arlo.

I watch the way my friends jaws tighten, and their eyes harden, hands all balling into fists.

"I can't believe you're dating the sick girl."

"What?" A new feeling runs in my blood.

"You know, her diabetes."

The group look confused, they had no idea.

I did.

"How the fuck do you know that?"

Suddenly i'm not shy anymore, suddenly i'm right up in Baxter face, suddenly i don't care if he hurts me, suddenly anger fules my blood.

"Janet told everyone."

Lilly told Janet.

I begin to storm away when Arlo pulls me back.

"Is it true?" His eyes are soft.

I look between my friends, all of them confused, hurt, not sure what to understand.

I can't lie anymore. I wish Nellie could have told them, but they need to know now.

"It's true, isn't it?" Eva whispers, "She has diabetes."

I nod slowly.

Arlo let's go of my wrist slightly, all of them stand half shocked, half sad, half angry.

Everyone is feeling a lot.

"We'll talk later." I say before leaving.

I don't really remember the uber to Nellie's house.

I need to see her. I need to help her. It's my time to be good. It's my time to step up and be a good boyfriend.

I walk into Nellies home, the sounds of her cries ring upstairs.

I quickly go up and into her bedroom.

My heart breaks seeing the state she's in. Curled into a ball, sobbing, shaking, hurting.

"Nellie." I go over, swamping her into my arms, laying down beside her.

She cries, hugging me so tightly.

"Shhhhh, i'm here." A smooth a hand over her hair.

"They found," She hiccups, "Out. Everyone, E-everyone knows."

"There's nothing wrong with you," I kiss her shoulder.

"I'm sick, that's all they're going to see me as."

"I knew you had it, and i never treated you any different, right?" I kiss her forehead.

She looks up at me, into my eyes.

My heart shatters as her lip squivels and tears run down her cheeks.

But it hurts less when she shakes her head, rubbing her cheeks.

"N-no, you didn't."

"People won't treat you differently, and if they do," Bad thoughts fill my mind of what i'd do to people.

I snap out of them when Nellie kisses me suddenly, "You don't have to do anything."

I rub my thumb over her cheeks, wiping away her tears.

"I know it's scary having people know, but they'll get over it, they'll accept it. You are human, you are normal. You aren't alone." I tell her.

She cuddles somehow closer to me, "You're the best."

I'm about to disagree before she speaks again, "And you can't say anything else, baby," She smiles cheekily before her eyes fall closed.

I let her rest, i hold her, and i look on social media, to see nothing is posted there, to make sure people aren't gonna hurt my girl.

my babiesssssss

my babiesssssss. THEY RLLY LKE SLEEP THO HUH