Chapter 23: Lake lovers

I feel good today

I feel good today. I'm not having any negative thoughts. I'm feeling okay. I'm not sure why, i just am.

When i stay with Nellie, when i sleep with her, nothing bad happens to me. She protects me.

"Good morning!" Arlo jumps on us, again.

I snuggle my head into Nellie's neck, "Hmmmm." I groan.

"Henry, wanna go get muffins again?"

"Hrm." I mumble.

"Arlo, let people sleep." Eva says, pulling her boyfriend back into her arms.

"But it's 1pm!"

Everyone's eyes fly open, did we sleep that long?

"Okay i lied, its 10,"

My eyes fall closed again.

My face hurts, my head hurts, everything hurts. I'm so exhausted, i'm so tired.

But maybe Nellie is right. Now it's over and i need to focus on going forward and not thinking about what's happened to me anymore.

I'm too in my head. I need to be like them. I need to be like Nellie and Arlo. Maybe if i'm like them i can be happy.

I need to move on. And i'll do whatever i can do help myself.

I'm done feeling sorry for myself.

~~~

I walk out class and i begin making my way to Nellie's class down the hall.

I feel different when i'm not with her. It feels so heavy without her. But when she's around, it's like she puts everything into perspective.

I spot her blonde hair as she leaves class.

I immediately notice the flush pink lingering on her cheeks, sweat dripping down her forehead.

It's not even hot. It's autumn. Her hands shake as she holds onto her books.

Something is wrong.

"Nellie?" I ask.

"What!?" She grits whipping her head to me.

I startle. Did i make her mad?

"Nothing." I shake my head and turn around walking away.

She quickly catches up to me, standing infront of me. She wobbles slightly and is stick my hand out holding her waist so she doesn't fall.

"I think i have uhhh-," She trails off, "Oh right, i think my blood sugar is low."

I nod.

"I didn't mean to snap, i'm sorry," She kisses me quickly.

"Is there a way to make you have normal sugar again?" I ask.