GO! Grab the Opportunity

"Your engagement has proved out lucky to me", my eldest brother, Nikhil said to me with happiness on his face. "What? What the hell are you talking about?" I abruptly said. He pushed me towards the hall along with him and announced in front of everybody, "I got an opportunity to go to Dubai and work. My company has given me this opportunity. So, how's it?" He asked everybody.

Jaw dropped! I, without taking a second, asked him. "Dubaaaaaaaai?"

He laughed and said, "YES! Dubaaaai."

"Go! Grab the opportunity!" Without thinking too much I blurted out in excitement.

My Mom and sister-in-law, Somaiya were not that happy.

This good news saddened them.

They were like, "NO! Why so far?"

Whereas we all were encouraging him to go and grab the opportunity.

After a huge discussion on this topic, Nikhil decided to take our advice and grab the opportunity.

A couple of days after the big announcement, all of my family went to see him off at the airport. I didn't. I was pretending of having a brave heart but in real it too saddened me that there would now be so much distance between my brother and us. He had leaving and was not able to attend my wedding. All of this hurt me. I was crying alone. But the best thing was that he promised me that he would be back soon.

When everybody returned from the airport after seeing him off we all sat seeing pictures of our last couple of days with him. I also came know even Naksh too came to bid him goodbye. I started crying not alone, but in front of everybody and everyone said, "Now why are you crying? You have a brave heart, we thought? Then what are you crying for?" And they all laughed at me.