New 'Born'..

Next day Naksh rushed into the hospital, where we all were already waiting outside the children's ward. My new born niece was not able to breathe properly. So she was getting treated for that.

He ignored me and sat down beside mum.

"Don't you consider me your own son, aunty?" he said out loud instantly.

"Why are you saying like this, beta?", mom asked him with a confused expression.

"No, tell me first!", he demanded.

"Of course I do consider you as my very own son.", mom told him.

"Then why didn't you inform me about all of this? Just because I'm your son in law not your son? You tell me why is Indian mentality like this? You expect your daughter-in-law to be like your daughter and even more than that but when it comes to your son-in-law you treat them like they are some God that has blessed you by coming to your place. I really didn't expected you to be like that, aunty."

I quietly watched as my once sassy mother turned into a speechless figure letting out a faint smile.

"I'm your very own son Aunty, you can call me anytime for anything I'd be more than happy to help you coz that's what children do right? "

My mother said nothing just pulled that boy into a hug and then afterwards said "I'm so proud of you. Now I can be free of all my worries cause now I've got another son. Really fortunate people get a 'daamaad' like you and I'm so grateful that I'm one of those lucky people. "

I couldn't help it as tears rolled down my cheeks and I just wanted to go and give him a huge bear hug but somehow I managed to control my emotions. I realised it won't be a great scene to get all affectionate in a hospital in front of all of my family.

Naksh turned around and for a brief moment his beautiful eyes met my half watery eyes but then he quickly turned away. I figured it out that he was avoiding me. Not close to what I imagined.

.......

Bhaiyya asked Naksh to drop me at home since I was in the hospital last whole night. He came towards me and asked me to come down soon and that he's waiting.

Within minutes I was down at the parking lot. We quickly got into the car and we drove out of the hospital.

I saw the frown on his face and asked, "why are you so upset?"

"Why shouldn't I be? You didn't bother to even inform me of her birth and all these issues? How could you Arohi?"

"I... Urm.... actually you were busy with your seminar in Hyderabad when she was born. And then about her breathing problem, you just returned a couple days ago, and you were tired so we thought why to irk you and tire you more when we can handle it ourselves, right?", I rambled.

"WOW! Don't you think you think too much", he sarcastically replied.

"Why don't you understand? Now your problem is mine too, Arohi?", he said and I couldn't help but give a wide smile.

"I'm sorry", I mumbled.

"You should be", he uttered and smiled.

I nodded.

Suddenly he braked and I was literally about to hit my face with the dashboard. I turned to look at him and his expression quickly changed from a worried one to a smirk. I scowled. He ordered me to get down from the car. I gave him a 'why expression' and he simply told me to "get out".

Once I got down I found a restaurant in front of me. I turned and before I could say something he told me "aunty's order, she told me you haven't had anything since the morning."

"No, let's just go home", I protested.

"Shut up and follow me", he scolded.

We got inside and were quickly shown our tables. He asked me to order something. I told him "it's your treat so will you?"

He nodded and started ordering some plain rice, some veg gravy and I didn't listen..

The waiter quickly went to get our orders.

"Whenever I see you, you always seem to have a book in your hand, either an Indian writer or a foreign. So what happened today ", Naksh asked me.

"Coz now I've got this new Samsung Galaxy Grand 2! Don't just make it large, make it Grand...!", I enthusiastically replied with a smirk plastered on my face.

Soon he was in fits of laughter. I was happy to see him laughing.

"Actually you know there's a new thing called internet in town ", I retorted.

He scowled, " tell me something I don't know"

"Okay, so actually nowadays I'm reading books online on this site called Wattpad. And the latest book is about dreams called 'Dreams..... Make it or break it' by this author, Sadiqua Khan. It's a really good and inspiring story and I'm totally loving it. You should read it sometime too.", I energetically replied.

"Yeah sure" he simply replied.

Meanwhile the waiter returned with our beloved food.

........

"Why are you crying?", Naksh asked me with concern clear in his voice as he watched tears stream down my cheeks.

"It's alright, don't worry she'd be fine", he consoled.

"Noooo, I'm not crying for that, I know she'll be fine, I'm crying because... ", I said.

"Crying because..?", he asked me with a confused expression.

"I'm crying cause this food is TOO SPICY!", I cried.

"THIS is the reason?", he said while putting his hand on his forehead and started shaking with laughter.

I cried and smiled at the same time. And I think I looked so stupid.

"You know what?", he asked.

"What?", I asked wiping my tears.

"Your face turns into a red tomato when you cry. You look so cute. Aww.. My mango chutney turned 'tamatar'...", he started teasing me.

"No matter how I look you'd always call me beautiful, even if I just get up from sleep, you'd still say the same, Mr. Cardiologist go meet an opthalmologist",I told him.

"No seriously you looked too cute as a 'TAMATAR'.." He said and we both started laughing.

.......
Sorry guys for the really slow update.
Hope you're still sticking along and if you're then thank you so much.
Vote, comment, recommend etc.
Thanks ^_^