Friends and Fun

"He was about to 'kiss me'".

Shanaya said, grinding her teeth.

I went in a total shock for some time, but then asked her, "Are you with Amrit? I mean, have you lost it? What the heck are you talking about?"

She said, "he was not just about to kiss me but he also held me by my waist.

I was listening carefully, engulping saliva.

She said, "he was just about to kiss me but your call woke me up."

I asked, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, it was just a 'dream'. I was enjoying it but you......"

"Phew!" I said,  "Jaan mein jaan aayi," And we both started laughing.

The following day at around 4 as the four of us had planned, we met at Nariman Point for chilling out. This time, I made sure I wasn't late.

We were having a great time, like we always did when we hang out together.

With a broad smile on my face, I thanked my best friends for making me believing in him. "Earlier I use to think, Mr. Right or Mr. Perfect doesn't exist in reality. They only exist in novels or movies but now I've actually started believing that they do exist," I gushed.

"You know, last night when I asked him if I could go and hang out with my pals at, he laughed at me and then said, 'You'd better you ask uncle and aunty. You are still their responsibility, poor them.' And when I asked him if he really didn't mind, he said, 'What, me? You think if you don't ask me for things like these, I will scold you or doubt you? I liked it that you informed me but first ask them, they are your parents. They have rights on you more than me. If they grant you permission then go and enjoy your day with them.'

These words raised up him more in my eyes. I started to respect him more. You know guys he's rare like a diamond, precious like gems and worth like gold. He is just 'beyond words' guys.

While I was saying this, I noticed a familiar face. I stood up, moved some steps from where we were and asked, "Sadaf Shaikh?"

She turned to face me and said, "What a pleasant surprise!" 

I said to my pals, "She's my college friend. She stays in 7 Bungalows at Andheri and did her graduation in Food science and Nutrition. One thing I'm never going to forget about her. During college she was the 'fashionista'. Everyone tried to imitate her. She was my first friend on first day. And, I must say complimenting her, you are still the same cajoled filled beautiful eyes, rosy pink lips, a big nose but not too bad and long straightened hair and your lovely smile enhances your beauty. You're looking 10 on 10," I winked.

"Stop flattering me," she teasingly said,  "You've changed too! You look more beautiful than you did earlier."

I said, "But not like you," and we burst out in laughter. She hugged and wished me, "congratulations on your engagement. I came to know via Facebook whereas you totally forget to invite me," she ended up complaining.

In an apologetic tone, I replied, "everything happened in such a rush, so I didn't get time and I even lost your number."

She taunted with a laugh saying, "It's because you keep changing your number!"

"Oh-kay! I accept my blunder, madam," I said to her.

"So, when are you getting married?" She asked.

I replied, "Soon, this year only."

"Cool! And, by the way, am I on the list of invites. If not add me and if you don't then also without invitation I be there for the real feast," she laughingly said.

I smirked, "For sure you are in the list and this time I want you to attend my wedding, not just only you but also with your family."

She raising her thumbs up said, "Done!"

Later we all clicked so many pictures, had fun and oodles of 'souvenirs' to keep with ourselves and remember the day forever.