Surprises!

Early morning, after losing the battle with my biggest enemy- my alarm clock, I managed to wake up. After letting out a big yawn, I checked my phone, and found a message from Naksh- "Its urgent. Meet me on Skype as soon as possible."

I was still a bit sleepy but after seeing his message I was wide awake. I immediately rushed towards the washroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face, combed my messy hair into a ponytail, applied little cream so he can find me looking fresh. I searched for my laptop and placed it up on my study table instead of sitting down on the chair, keeping in mind because I was still in my track pants and full sleeves t-shirt. I knelt down on my knees so he could only see my face.

"Hey! Good morning," Naksh said.

"Morning," I greeted back.

"I need a favour from you," he said.

"Favour from me?" I asked, confused. "

Actually, I want to introduce you to some of my colleagues and friends. So, by 12:00 pm be at my place."

"Your place?" I was shocked.

"I mean hospital," he laughed. "And, can I ask you for one more favor?"

"Yeah," I replied

"Dress up in that 'mango' dress in which I saw you first and my head said, "she's the one I've been waiting for." And we both shared a warm smile.

I sadly replied, "While introducing me to your friends, instead of saying my name 'Arohi', you'll tell them, "meet her she's the 'mango'?"

"No way I'm not...." he guffawed and said, "I was kidding with you that night. Believe me, I'm not going to make fun of you in front of others. How could you think, Arohi. Its all talk."

I believed him and said, "okay fine. I be there at sharp 12." (but in reality, this 'sharp' word haunts me cause I'm never on sharp time anywhere) "OK then, buh-bye, see you."

"Hang on a minute," he said with a serious voice.

"What?" I asked.

"Do take shower and only then come to meet me," he bantered and went offline.

I smiled and shut down the laptop.

The moment I shut down the laptop, I remembered I didn't ask him how will I manage? What will I tell Mom, Dad and others about where am I going? What about my school?

While I was thinking all this, Mom entered in my room and asked me to get ready.

I asked back, "Why?"

"Don't you know," she said, "last night, Naksh called your Dad to ask permission from him to introduce you to some of his colleagues and friends."

I smirked and thanked God for making him mine. He sorted my problem out even before I realized there was one.

She tapped on my shoulder and asked me, "What are you going to wear?" I said, "That mango colored anarkali dress." She said, "good. Where is it?" "Mom you'd better know," I said searching in the wardrobe. She a little angrily said, "Stop being a slug. Tomorrow you have to go to someone else house, take up whole responsibilities on your shoulders. How will you, Arohi? At least now, I should not have to say you 'Grow up' but you never. Bhagwan jaane kya hoga tera," she worriedly said.

Moms are the most beautiful, prettiest, amazing, wonderful and all the complimented adjectives of God. It is said, that nothing is lost until your mom finds it out. I badly missed Samaira, she's the one who make me ready every time since today wasn't Sunday and I couldn't call her to come as she have to attend her patients. I, somehow, dressed myself and got ready. I left home after Dad. I couldn't able to face him. I brought up in the family where meeting a guy before marriage is 'breaking the tradition'. As got engaged so it was 'fine' but still I found little awkward to face him. On my way, I kept thinking what to take for him. Already, mom gave a box full of 'gajar ka halwa' for him.