02

Fynleigh frowned as she sat in the back of a fancy ass car, her eyes had originally widened when she had first saw it before she quickly turned neutral again

Fynleigh frowned as she sat in the back of a fancy ass car, her eyes had originally widened when she had first saw it before she quickly turned neutral again. Damn, Fyn. These are fancy ass people, you got to be on your toes this time, her inner monologue boomed as the young girl felt greatly inadequate next to the two well dressed women and their apparent luxury life.

She almost felt impure, something dirty that didn't belong in this type of environment as she feared putting her dirty converse down on the floor of Carina's clean car. The leather seats were smooth against her back, almost too smooth, as she stared out of the window not feeling able to relax in her seat for fear of magically messing something up.

"Are you hungry bambina?" Carina eyed the girl briefly for a quick second before turning her eyes to the road. The young girl didn't seem too interested in replying as her gaze was fixated on the window at the other cars that passed them.

An awkward silence passed as Maya internally wrestled with herself, deciding eventually that she should get the child's attention and hoped she didn't frighten her.
"Fynleigh, she asked you a question." Maya frowned at the girl's lack of responsiveness, reaching out and placing a hand on her leg as she gently squeezed to try to focus her attention on them.

"Shit, did you say something? I'm sorry, I wasn't ignoring-" Fynleigh jumped beginning to worry, her breath hitching a little as she glanced down at Maya's hand with a frown and Maya noticed an element of fear in her eyes.

Maya quickly withdrew her hand, giving the girl an apologetic smile.
"Language, bambina and there's no need to apologise. I asked if you were hungry." Carina said gently, her voice firm but gentle while scolding her.

Fynleigh shrugged her shoulders, just wanting to stare out the window again and watch the world pass by to distract herself from this awkward situation she was in right now. She now feared that the two women probably wouldn't be so nice if she was to ignore them again, not like it was intentional or anything. She just got so sucked into her own little daydream world sometimes that everything else around her seemed to dissolve away.

Carina noticed a small ice cream shop, deciding it was a good place to start to try to bond some more with the young girl. Every kid liked sugar, right? Plus, there was a couple of stores nearby and despite her better judgement, Carina was already planning a small belated birthday celebration for their new bambina.

Maya walked ahead, after Carina had parked and held the door open to the ice cream parlour with a smile stuck on her face whenever she looked at her wife and Fynleigh together or merely next to each other. God, she was so in love and she was sure if Maya 'monogamy is for the weak' Bishop could see her now she'd probably have a heart attack.