08

Carina loved her sleep, complaining in Italian as Maya gently tried to wake her wife. She'd already been awake for a while, having went for a run and showered before getting properly ready for the day. She brushed some hair out of her wife's face, peppering little kisses on her cheek.

"My love, I know you don't want to wake up but we have the meeting to get Fynleigh into school."

The Italian woman huffed softly and finally opened her eyes, forcing herself out of bed as much as she wanted to bury herself back under the covers.

"What kind of school only has early meetings available? Maybe we should just do home schooling." Carina yawned, joking as she grabbed some fresh clothes and padded toward the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. Early mornings were for work or emergencies, neither of which were happening at present.

"We're too busy for that and you know it Car but we could probably teach her more useful things than the school curriculum." Maya mused, following her wife in the hopes of joining her in the shower.

"Ah ah bella, go and wake the bambina. People really shouldn't be awake at this hour." The brunette huffed softly, shaking a finger at her wife before she shut the door (much to Maya's dismay).

"It's ten am! It's not that early." The blonde called to her wife before she did as she was told and moved to wake up their teenager.

Maya knocked on the door softly, peeking her head in after a short moment of silence and chuckled quietly at the sight.

The teenager was so similar to her wife, cocooned in the duvet and her face buried into the pillow as she remained in a deep sleep.

"Honey, it's time to wake up." She murmured gently, softly rubbing her arm and was met with a whine of resistance from the red head.

A soft sigh escaped the blonde as she tried to figure out her next move, she'd never had a loving wake up call just water dumped over her. She swore she would never do anything like that to her own kids and hoped she'd be able to practice the gentle approach instead.

"Please? The meeting is at half nine and we really can't be late. We were lucky the principal could squeeze us in at such short notice." Maya the queen of the clipboard Bishop was dying inside as the stubborn teen still was yet to move - she hated being late.

The pleading tone of her foster mother caused the red head to reluctantly open her eyes, glancing up at Maya with a mix of confusion and visible fear as the blonde just smiled. She was shocked how patient the woman was, expecting something way worse than what she received. The experience she'd had with previous fosters had been very different - from physical violence to mental and having her blankets and other things taken away for her defiance.

"Thank you, is fruit okay for breakfast? No blueberries, I promise." The older female squeezed her shoulder gently before she stood up, a playful smile on her face as she joked about the small blue fruit. It had been incredibly obvious that she hadn't liked them previously or maybe more than that - Maya having her own issues with food and she was more than sympathetic.

Fynleigh just gave a small shrug, confused as to why she was asking her permission to do something. She'd usually just have to eat what was given to her if anything was given to her or starve. She seemed to take as a yes as the blonde still smiled, leaving her bedroom to go and prepare breakfast.

A short shower later as the teenager worried for upsetting her blonde foster mother, she was dressed in jeans and a very patterned, oversized sweatshirt - some might say obnoxious. She was greeted with a smile from both of her foster mothers as she shuffled into the kitchen with her sock clad feet, sitting down opposite them at the table. As a bowl of fruit was set down in front of her and a glass of apple juice, a small smile crossed her face as she noticed strawberries and watermelon - especially the lack of blueberries as promised despite their presence in the women's bowls.