03

Fynleigh felt butterflies in her stomach as Carina pulled up to an apartment complex, beginning to pick at her nail beds again

Carina and Maya had seemed nice so far but this could be where the two women would turn. It was usually the case that her foster parents were nice enough to her with people around, it was wholly different and they turned abusive behind closed doors.

Carina turned the engine off, concern growing on her face as she noticed the young girls nervous fidgeting through the mirror. She turned around to face the red head, gently moving her hands apart to stop her from hurting herself as she offered up her own hand.

There was silence in the car before Fynleigh took a deep breath and finally spoke up, taking Carina's hand for a source of comfort. She began to fiddle with the wedding ring that Carina wore as she tried to steady her shaky breathing.

"Uh.. y-you won't hurt me right?" She said meekly, her voice just above a whisper as she refused to look at the women.

"We promise Fyn, swear to everything and above. You'll never be harmed by us." Maya smiled softly, her heart breaking at the frightened girl's lightly shaking body.

"Bambina, bambina, Fynleigh. Look at me per favore. Breath with me." Carina finally got the child's attention with her name as she hesitantly looked up. There seemed to be a million thoughts spiralling through her little brain as Fynleigh's breathing sped up even more. Carina knew she had to calm her down before it became a full blown anxiety attack, taking deep and exaggerated breaths as she encouraged Fynleigh to copy her.

Carina felt the grip on her hand tighten as the young girl tried her best to copy her and over a few minutes it seemed to be working. Carina gave their bambina a comforting smile, her fingers drawing small patterns on Fynleigh's hand.

"No rush, we can sit out here all day. Whenever you're ready." Maya reassured, receiving a slow nod from the child before she unbuckled her seatbelt, abruptly pulling her hand away and picking up her backpack. If she didn't steel herself now, they'd probably be sitting in the car all night and she doubted the two women would be thrilled about that. If things got particularly bad she could always run but Maya was a freaking firefighter; she'd be able to catch her in no time and god knows what would follow.

The two women seemed to have been waiting for a cue from the young girl as all three were soon out of the car and after what felt like a billion stairs, approaching a smooth wooden door. Carina unlocked the door, kicking her shoes off at the door as she moved to set her bag and other belongings on the kitchen island.

Fynleigh akwardly shuffled in after Maya, swallowing thickly as she heard the door shut with a click. She'd now find out if they meant their promise or if it was just something to appease her in that moment. She found herself copying the women and taking her shoes off out of courtesy and also having no clue where to put herself.

The apartment looked homely she had to admit, a literal feeling of warmth hitting her as she'd entered. She soon zoned out as as she took in the apartment, down the rug on the floor to what seemed to be something resembling a vagina hung up on a wall.