05

Fynleigh slowly stirred, rubbing her eyes and glancing around in confusion as to how she'd ended up in bed. She recounted last nights events as she tried to wake herself up more, she remembered so much of the movie and then..

Shit. The tired female mentally cursed herself as she realised she must have fell asleep and made things incredibly awkward for her foster parents. But how on earth did I get here? She couldn't remember walking herself and that's when it hit her.. Maya had carried her here.

Feeling suddenly awake and with a nervous breath, she unconsciously ran her hands over her body to check herself for injuries. Maya and Carina were super sweet but the first motto of being a care kid, never put your trust in your fosters.

She let out a breath she hadn't realised she'd been holding but still couldn't fight the sick feeling in her stomach for breaking her own rule - never leaving herself vulnerable. Lord knows what Carina and Maya would do to her for inconveniencing them.

She'd have to face them and her punishment at some point but for now she tried her best to stop the brewing anxiety attack. Digging her nails into her palms, leaving small arched marks as she chewed on her lip and forced herself to let out the breath that seemed stuck in her throat.

You've probably had worse, grow up. The inner monologue chimed in her head, only egging on her self doubt and diminishing her self confidence further. She had definitely faced a lot worse that Maya and Carina yet Maya was a firefighter.. Firefighter's had to be strong and she wrestled over how on earth she'd be able to fight back. If she did fight back.. maybe it would be easier just to let the women have their way and not annoy them further.

A small knock on the door drew her out of her daydream, immediately sinking herself further into the mattress and pulling the duvet cover up over her face. Some stupid childish thought that if they couldn't see her they couldn't hurt her.

Maya peeked her head round the door slowly after receiving no answer, a soft smile on her face as she noticed the bump under the duvet covers.

"Sorry if I woke you hun, breakfast is ready." The blonde smiled and was about to turn and leave before a small voice stopped her.

"W-wait please.. I'm sorry.." The timid girl almost whispered but the woman caught her words as she seemed to be listening out for them.

"Sorry for what hun?" She frowned, her expression not mad like what had been expected but visibly confused.

"I fell asleep and inconvenienced you both, I'm so sorry. I must have been really heavy to bring in here and you really didn't have to do that. Feel free to punish-" A small mop of read hair peeked out from the duvet, that was clutched tightly beneath her fingertips and blurted out all her words at once.

Maya simply smiled again but her eyes softened at the frightened eyes of Fynleigh despite how she tried to fake confidence in her voice.
"Fyn, you are safe here with us. I can promise you that, Car would say exactly the same thing. You're not going to be hurt here and you don't have to walk on eggshells hun. You were not heavy trust me, you're perfect the way you are."

Of course, the woman was stretching the truth ever so slightly - the girl was perfect in her and her wife's eyes but both women wished for her to grow to a healthy weight. She could do with gaining a few pounds or something that was for sure.

The red head nodded tightly, still waiting for the other shoe to drop but it never did. Her blonde foster mother simply squeezed her leg under the duvet softly, in comfort as she reminded her about breakfast being ready.

Fynleigh nodded quickly and scrambled out of bed, almost tripping up as she got tangled in the duvet. Maya hadn't hurt her. It was entirely new to her and if possible she'd like it to keep it that way - not wanting to upset her as she quickly followed her into the kitchen.