06

Fynleigh frowned as her eyes scanned the clothes, the most clothes she'd ever had at one point she was certain. She wasn't entirely sure why someone would need this many clothes. The vast amount of clothes mocked her as she hopelessly tried to find an appropriate dinner outfit as she didn't want to embarrass Maya and Carina. Meanwhile, all she wanted to do truthfully was hide under the bed covers and hide from everybody - her foster mothers included.

Carina and Maya had asked her if she would be comfortable going to dinner at Bailey's house, the woman who had stopped them before at the hospital. She'd learnt over her time in the foster system to notice things about people and get a sense of their personality - as soon as possible and hopefully to avoid any hurt at a later stage.

Miranda had seemed friendly, slightly sassy and amusing not exactly threatening. Apparently her husband worked with Maya, at the station and was incredibly friendly.

Reluctantly, Fynleigh had agreed as both women seemed keen to go and she didn't want to disappoint them or worse. Unbeknownst to her, there was a plan to set her up to be friends with Miranda's son Tuck, just a few months younger than her.
The couple had discussed and both agreed that it would be good for Fynleigh to have a friend that was her own age. Figuring it also would be useful to spend time with fellow parents and gain some insight into parenting. The couple thought they were handling things pretty good so far given they were brand new to parenting and Fynleigh didn't seem to hate them, which both considered a huge success.

With a soft groan of frustration, she fell back onto the bed as her hair fanned out against the bed cover. A quite knock on the door made her jump as her brunette foster mother stepped into the room after receiving a soft murmured invitation.

"Everything okay in here Fynnie?" Carina asked softly, a warm smile on her face. She received a silent shrug in response, which transitioned into a small shake of the head noticing Carina's eyes full of concern.

Oh how she wanted to spill all the worries that swirled around her little mind like a stormy sea, no.

"I don't know what to wear." Her voice came out smaller than usual, almost shaky as her cheeks heated up to match her hair.

"You'll look beautiful in anything."

The Italian woman smiled softly, giving her a silent but questioning look - it was obvious she was dying to help and dress her up. Carina had always wanted children and that definitely showed, she loved her brother growing up but she longed for a baby girl. From dressing up in cute outfits, to shopping and getting their nails done (of course only if they chose to).

Carina was up in a flash, a content smile on her face and looking through the various clothes with excitement. Various reasons of why outfits were discarded, too clashing, too light for the cold autumn weather or just pure disapproval from Fynleigh's very visible face expressions.

"Perfetta!" With an excited smile, she offered a skirt and a knitted jumper making sure to grab a pair of tights out of the closet, when she received a small smile in response.

The red headed teen gave her a timid, thankful smile as Carina stepped outside to give her some privacy to get changed. She was about to leave her to her own devices before a small voice stopped her and she turned around.

"Carina! I... would you mind helping me with something else?" Their sweet girl uttered out quietly, trying her best to look her in the face as she asked and not stare at the floor.

"Of course bella, what do you need?"

Her warm brown eyes bore into the younger females as she struggled to utter her thoughts out loud. She noticed the hair brush in the young girls hand and the mess her hair was in, hoping her deduction was correct.