07

The morning had been stressful and hectic as Carina and Maya ran around the apartment, double checking everything. With the visit looming over their head and being incredibly desperate to make a good impression - even one thing out of place was cause for concern.

Breakfast had been simple, cereal and a strange silence had settled over the table before Fynleigh had rushed off back to the bedroom.

Fynleigh herself had double checked and triple checked the bedroom despite it being considerably untouched apart from the bed. Even going as far as checking the apartment when her foster mothers had managed to coax her out of her room.

She was scared to admit it but she liked it here and would rather not be moved if Jennifer saw fit to do so. The apartment was warm and cozy with not a stray object out of place as Maya had stress tidied, down to hoovering the rug and debating about Carina's.. odd painting and how it would be taken.

Carina noticed the young girls nervous behaviour as the red head couldn't seem to sit still or get comfortable at all where she sat on the sofa, constantly wiggling and messing with her hands.

"How about we make some cookies for Jennifer, si?" Carina questioned but she was already up and grabbing the ingredients in a few mere minutes. She hated seeing their girl so stressed and everybody did love cookies- Carina was more trying to distract her bambina from her no doubt negative thought spiral.

Maya turned from the sofa, towards her wife and simply raised an eyebrow. Cookies? Their foster daughter wasn't like five years old. She was surprised when after some pleading from Carina (which her wife totally saw through her 'forgetting the recipe and needing help'), Fynleigh reluctantly joined her wife in the kitchen. The red head had to admit baking sounded nice but she'd never had this experience at all, she was worried she'd mess them up or look incredibly stupid.

"I'll help." Maya smiled, feeling left out of the little bonding session and hopped up from the sofa and got the scales out. Carina smirked at her wife over Fynleigh's head, a sort of "I told you so" as they both watched their foster daughter putting the last sugar into the mixer.

The Italian switched the mixer on, leaning over to grab the eggs as Maya moved onto the next step (as carefully instructed by her wife). Fynleigh clearly struggled with the heavy bag of flour as she tried to measure out the desired amount into a bowl - Maya about to intervene before the bag slipped and spilled all over the blonde's front.

Fynleigh immediately dropped the floor onto the bench, which was now half empty and stared at the mess on the floor.
"I'm so sorry." Fynleigh mumbled, too frightened to look up at Maya as she seemed to wait for the abuse to come.

Maya had fallen quiet, catching the attention of her wife who eyed her clearly freaked out foster daughter with worried eyes. The blonde debated over what would leave her mouth and eventually decided that trying to talk about it would probably overwhelm their sweet girl more. The blonde simply smirked and playfully flicked some flour from the bag at the red heads chest, a soft smile on her face.

Fyn frowned as she felt something light fall on her chest, looking down to be greeted with flour covering her jumper. She hadn't hit her? Maya seemed to be smirking, as if encouraging her to follow on and get her back, something which she did with shaky hands. The flour fight continued and Carina watched the two with a dumb grin on her face, which turned to a frown when Maya hit her square in the chest with a lump of flour.

"Oh bella, it's on." Carina smirked, a stubborn smile on her face as she silently recruited Fynleigh to get the blonde back. The sound of sweet laughter filled the kitchen as the three threw flour at each other, covered from head to toe in the substance.