Maybe friends aren't so bad

Noah:

After the whole 'James crashing Courtney's celebratory dinner' thing, the last thing I wanted was to go to school. And yet, here I was, walking to school in this 40 degree weather.

When I finally got to school, I felt someone jump on by back. "HI NOAH! CAN I HAVE A PIGGYBACK RIDE TODAY?" The girl who I immediately realized was Izzy said in her overly energetic voice. "Same answer as last time. No," I told her. "Aww. Do you want a piggyback ride? It's only 7:30 and you look super tired," She asked me. "Yeah sure," I said, hopping on her back.

Either I'm really light, or Izzy's just really strong because she was running around effortlessly with me on her back. "So do you know anyone else besides me, Eva, Owen, and Cody?" Izzy said, still flying around the outside of the school. "Uh yeah. Courtney, Heather, Alejandro, Bridgette, Leshawna, Justin, Trent, Lindsay, and Katie," I responded. "Well, those are all good people, and so are the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. As long as you stay far FAR away from Duncan, Sierra, or Gwen, you'll be fine," Izzy told me. What is with everyone hating on Gwen so much. I get Duncan because he broke Courtney's heart, and Sierra because she's a stalker. But why does everyone hate Gwen?

"Izzy, can I ask you a question?" I said. "Yeah sure, what's up?" She responded. "Why does everyone hate Gwen?" I asked. "Oh, because she's a backstabbing, cheating, heartbreaking, liar!" She exclaimed. "Why do you say that?" I asked again. Izzy then told me a whole story on how Gwen backstabbed all of her friends and wrote some burn book. It's giving Mean Girls if you ask me. "Wow," I said in shock after Izzy finished her story. "I know right? But if you want to avoid her, just don't talk to anyone with blue hair." Izzy told me.

"Oh, who are the freshman, sophomores, and juniors?" I asked Izzy as she was walking to the entrance. "Well some of the sophmores are: Scott, Dawn, B, Jo, Brick, Anne-Maria, Lightning, Dakota, Sam, Mike, Zoey, Staci, and Cameron. Some freshmen are: Sky, Dave, Topher, Ella, Leonard, Max, Scarlett, Beardo, Amy, Samey, Sugar, Shawn, Jasmine, and Rodney. Then the juniors that I know are: Kitty, Rock, Spud, Carrie, Devon, Mary, Ellody, Tom, Jen, Ennui, Crimson, Junior, Taylor, Tammy, Mickey, Jay, Brody, Laurie, Miles, Chet, and Lorenzo." Izzy finished saying.

"Okay, isn't that Eva?" I said pointing towards the girl in the all blue workout outfit. "Yeah! It is! Let's go say hi!" Izzy said, running to where Eva was standing. "Hey Iz, hey Noah. Why is Izzy giving you a piggyback ride?" She asked me. "He looked like he needed a piggyback ride!" Izzy explained to Eva. "Oh, okay. Let's go we're gonna be late." Eva said walking with me and Izzy.

When we walked in, I forgot to hop off of Izzy's back, so with my amazing luck, Duncan saw me getting carried by Izzy. "Ha ha! Look! Noah's so weak, he has to have a girl carry him around!" He yelled out. "Oh fuck off Duncan," I said flatly. "What was that you little-" He said getting cut off by Eva tackling him. "DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT MY GIRLFRIEND IS DOING?" Eva screamed. "N-no," Duncan said scrambling away. "That's what I thought," Eva said walking back to where Izzy and I were standing. "I'm alright with giving you a piggyback ride, it's fun," Izzy said to me. "Thanks," I said smiling.

Time skip bc why not

School was finally over, and I was going to start walking home. I felt someone grab my shoulder, and I immediately thought it was Duncan. Izzy would've just jumped on me, Katie has cheerleading, Courtney has a student council meeting, and I don't really know anyone who grabs people's shoulders unless they want to fight other than Duncan.

"Alright man, I'm sorry for telling you to-" I got cut off my a familiar voice. "Relax, I'm not Duncan," Eva told me. "Oh, then what happened?" I asked. "Izzy has some club and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out," Eva told me. "Sure, I don't have anything else to do," I shrugged. "Wanna go to the coffee shop?" She asked. "Why not, let's go," I said walking down the street.

We got to the coffee shop, and the barista looked at Eva and rolled her eyes. "What's up with the barista?" I asked Eva. "Nothing she's just a homophobic bitch who hates on Izzy and me whenever we come here," Eva told me. "Ugh, I hate homophobic people, like, you're not scared, you're just an asshole." I said. "Preach" She responded, walking up to the counter.

"So, have you and your girlfriend broken up and repented from your sins? Is this your new boyfriend?" The barista asked Eva gesturing towards me. "Listen here lady, I haven't even been here for five minutes and my time here is already unpleasant. If you say one more homophobic thing, my mom is close friends with a lawyer, and I won't hesitate to sue you. Are we clear?" I said in a menacing tone. I rarely ever talk like that unless I am VERY  pissed off. "Crystal, sir. Now, what would you like today?" She asked. I could've just said I wanted a black coffee, but I chose to be petty. "Actually, since you ruined the mood, my friend and I will be going somewhere else, free of your homophobic attitude," I said, turning on my heel, and walking out of the coffee store with Eva.

"That was pretty cool. I underestimated you. But, I actually wanted a coffee." Eva said flatly. "Yeah, yeah, I know a better place. C'mon," I told her walking to the corner.

We got the second café, and the ambiance was so peaceful. I should come here to read more often.

Eva and I sat down in a table in the corner. "So, what are your thoughts on Izzy, Owen, and me?" Eva asked me. "What? Well, Izzy's kinda crazy to me, but I'm fine with that since I have like 5 demonic cousins. Owen's chill, I can't say anything bad about him. You just terrify me sometimes. But, you seem pretty cool. Happy?" I responded. "Very. If you mess with Izzy, Owen, or me, it will not be pretty. Alright?" Eva told me, as I nodded my head in agreement.

We left the café, and just as Eva and I were about to part, I said, "Thanks for today, I had fun." "Anytime Noah," She responded.

Maybe friends aren't so bad sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOO HOO! New chapter! I hope you all liked this chapter! Also, once more, thank you to my bestie from school who has been giving me some ideas for the next chapters. Thank you all for your support!

I love you all,
-Ashley<3

1166 words