Chapter 13: Fresh Start

While on my work break, I relaxed at the booth in the back of the diner since customers rarely occupied that area, and it was near a window.

The events of the date with Logan a few nights ago kept replaying in my mind, and I couldn't help but smile.

I had a great time and looked forward to another date with Logan.

I thought it was sweet that he gave me his leather jacket to use and thought the gesture made him even more attractive.

Embarrassingly, I still had his jacket purposely in my possession and even wore it a few times to sleep or out running some errands.

Even though there were some chances I could have given his jacket back after the date when we met a few more times, I didn't.

I weirdly loved wearing it and its scent since it smelled of old spice and a misty forest, a masculine scent that was indeed his.

I shook my head, overthinking about Logan, a guy I just met and barely even knew.

His style gives the typical bad boy look, but he certainly had some sweet side to him that was funny and kind, which was the opposite of Derek, my cheater ex-boyfriend.

I was highly regretful of wasting my time with Derek despite many red flags in our relationship.

And some being his disrespectful and manipulative behavior, taking forever to return a call or text, never compromising, secretive, and so much other shit I could care less about since I was over him.

I was no longer the naïve and foolish girl in the past who Derek could easily cheat on since he knew I would forgive him if he apologized enough with flowers and chocolate candy, faking like he was a good guy.

I was just so over him since he was such a douchebag, and our relationship was just toxic.

But besides that, being the point, I was just glad to have moved out of my old town and away from dating drama.

Starting afresh, moving to Chicago was one of the best decisions I made for myself.

Living here made me more independent than I was before when I was living under my parents' roof.

Smiling, I looked out the window since I was admiring the scenery.

While I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice when someone quietly sat down in front me.

"Hey, what are you doing smiling to yourself?" They suddenly asked, making me a bit scared as I reverted my attention and noticed it was Victoria.

"Gosh, you scared me a bit," I placed my hand over my chest, making her laugh.

"Geez, sorry...I just noticed you were here smiling to yourself, so I was curious to know what caused it," She rested her elbows on the table, face on her palms as she waited for me to respond.

"Well, if you must know...the date with Logan was great-"

"Oh my gosh, how did it go?!" She squealed excitedly, making me giggle.

"It went great, and I definitely would give him another chance for another date," I blushed at the thought of him.

I enjoyed his company and wouldn't mind getting to know him better since he seemed okay.

"That's nice to hear, but did you guys... you know-"She hinted at the thought of Logan and me perhaps going third base.

"Ummm no... I'm not that kind of girl who is fast to sleep with like that," I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry...just asking since you know he's hot, and most girls around here have a crush on him. So you lucky he has his interest set on you," She smirked.

"Yeah, well, I just met Logan. And although he's hot, I don't believe in having random quick hookups with guys I don't know or are not dating. And please, he's lucky I gave him a chance," I folded my hands, and she raised her hands defensively.

"Just asking...but anyways... I'm just so happy for you," She smiled.

"Thanks, but I don't want to get my hopes high too soon...since maybe things may not work out between us," I sighed since I thought men like Logan seemed like trouble.

I also had my fair share of dating bad boys in the past with dating guys like Derek.

"I understand since, well, it's Logan here we're talking about," She replied.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" I asked, curious since how she replied made it seem like he had a bad reputation.

"Nothing...is just that he's a super-rich bad boy that's quite frankly a lady's man that may be a player also, so just be careful about him..."

"Well, geez, thanks for letting me know," I rolled my eyes, "Trust me, guys like him have dated enough in the past, but being someone who doesn't like to judge a book by its cover, I still believe in giving some guys a chance who may turn out not to be a regrettable choice," I casually replied, taking a sip of my drink as I checked the time on my phone and saw that my break was almost over.

As I got up, she did the same, and we headed towards the work time clock so I could clock back into my shift.

"Okay, good to know...but I also wanted to ask if you want to go to a nightclub tomorrow night. It's a spot called Marbella Lounge that recently opened and had some good reviews online," She replied.

I wondered if I wanted to go since I preferred to stay at home, underneath my bed covers, then be jammed up tight with smelly strangers in a nightclub.

"I honestly don't know-"

"Look, just try it out, please," She begged, placing her hand lightly on my arm as if reassuring me that I wouldn't regret going out with her.

"Fine, but I don't want to stay out too late," I sighed as I clocked back in, and she smiled happily.

"Sure, whatever...but just know you will have a great time with me," She smirked.

As I kept busy at work, I noticed that time passed quickly and my shift was already over.

I loved fast working days since it seemed like I barely came in to work.

"I'll see you later," I called to Victoria before heading out of the diner.

"Wait, do you want me to drop you off?!" She shouted back at me, making me revert my attention to her as I saw she was gathering herself together.

"No need!" I heard a low, gruff voice when suddenly it felt like I had walked into a brick wall, but I immediately knew it was a guy since they had a large frame!

I looked up and noticed that it was no one other than Logan, who smirked at me. Seeing that, I looked at him, puzzled as to why he was there; he spoke.

"I'll give you a ride, beautiful, since I wanted for us to spend some quality time together," He lightly touched my cheek as I stared deeply into his eyes, mesmerized by how good-looking he was.

Surprisingly, he traced his thumb over my bottom lips

His hot gesture made me blush deeply before I playfully smacked his hands away, which he highly disapproved of.

I was not fond of public displays of affection, but with a guy like Logan, I thought he enjoyed seeing me be shy by his simple touch.

© 2023. All Rights Reserved 2023 Punkxst