Chapter 1: The Interview

This past weekend, I moved to the cheaper area of Chicago with my aunt for a fresh start since things weren't going well for me back home.

After I graduated high school, I decided to stay with my aunt since she offered me a place to stay.

She lived by herself and worked at a nursery home.

After a while my aunt finally convinced my parents that she would take good care of me.

Even though I was living here for free, I still looked around for jobs and luckily I found one.

If my interview goes well then I would be able to work at Bellhop's Dinner as a waitress, starting tomorrow.

Before I walked inside the diner, I breathed in and out since I was nervous about the whole thing.

As I held my head up high with confidence, I walked inside the diner. I heard music play in the background, while I smelled hazelnut coffee.

"Alright, you can do this." I mumbled to myself.

I headed towards the cashier and when she saw me she smiled. I looked at her name tag and read that her name was Victoria.

"Hi, how can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, I would like to see Mr. Davis. I have a job interview with him today." I replied.

"What's your name?" She questioned.

"Nora Wilson." I told her and she nodded her head.

"Follow me." She led me through the back of the kitchen diner, seeing how food was being made and soon we arrived at his office.

She knocked on the door a few times before I heard a deep, telling me to come in.

"Hey Mr. Davidson, I have someone here to see you about an interview." She said, while Mr. Davidson motioned for me to sit down and I did.

He was an older man, who looked to be in his forties and he head a fringe of grey-white hair.

He had brown eyes going with his melanin complexion as he hunched over. He had a wizened face, and a beard.

After Victoria left us alone, he spoke.

"How are you doing today?" He looked through some paper works.

"I'm doing well." I nodded my head, while I folded my hands together. I just hoped this interview goes well.

"So what brings you here today?" He looked up and smiled at me.

"I would like to work here since I have a lot of experience working in restaurants and definitely gain new experiences." I responded, returning the smile.

"Why do you want to work here?" He asked.

"I think that I'm a good fit for this job, I'll be a great asset to your company since I'm a fast learner and multitasker," I replied.

"Where do you see yourself in five years?" He questioned.

"I definitely see myself still working here and being a better server or even in a higher position if you offer that opportunity," I replied.

"Why should we hire you?" He asked again.

"Well I'm a great person and I love working with others. I'm very optimistic person that is always positive. I know how to put a smile on the customer faces and I would say that I'm a fantastic server from past experiences in working at other restaurants. Also you should hire me because I consider your company to be where I truly want to work," I gave him a small smile and he nodded his head.

"Well Miss. Nora, I certainly had looked at your background information and saw that every seemed very good, but I still have a bit more questions to ask you. Around here, I'm not too fond of hiring new people since others we hired new would just quit less than a month working here," He sighed.

"Well that's alright, and go right ahead," I smiled, confidently.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst