Chapter 9-Enough Is Enough

I saw that it was Derek with my best friend, Amber kissing intimately in the park.

The video was taken secretly from the bushes since the person made sure to not be seen by them.

I felt tears pricked my eyes instantly.

"What's wrong?" Vicki asked.

"Nothing," I lied as I quickly ran to the private bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I buried my face in my hands, not believing the betrayal from Derek that happened once more like the many times before.

As tears trickled down my face, I decided that enough was enough and perhaps I should give Logan a chance.

I mean was single and perhaps even better than my loser now officially ex-boyfriend that I always had given multiple of chances too.

But in this moment, I knew I was done with his bullshit and I will no longer take my time being wasted no more.

So, with the energy left I could muster up over this sulky relationship, I decided to give send Derek a text and informed him that we were through.

The time stamp on the video truly did show that he cheated on me this past weekend.

And he even had the audacity to tell my best friend that he loved her which was what I heard while watching the video a bit more.

Then after it shown them walking into a pizzeria as they held hands.

I skimmed through more of the video, and the videographer got a table next to them, and further even recorded their useless conversation on how they wanted to break the news to me about their relationship.

Not wanting to punch the bathroom mirror as to how upset I was, I decided to call Derek instead of sending him a text message about it being over between us.

Once I dialed his number, I was mouthed a few swear words underneath my breath. Seconds later he picked up before I could give him the chance to say anything, I spoke angrily.

"You piece of shit! It is over between us and have fun being with my trash ex-best friend Amber-"

"Baby bear, what are you talking about?"

"No don't you dear baby bear me bitch...we are done and its officially over between us. Oh, and by the way I found someone else that will always be a better man than you anyway," I laughed cruelly before I ended the call.

Then I quickly blocked his number so he would not call or text me back in the heat of moment of being angry.

But even so, a part of me was glad that it was over between Derek and I since it was already failed relationship anyway.

I just hoped I did not see those losers ever again. And come to think of it I still had to inform Logan about being interested in going out on a date with him.

I sent a text to Logan to see if we could go out tonight since I did not have any plans.

The moment I hit sent on the text message, I thought perhaps I made a mistake since I should have fully thought about it first.

I literally just found out that my best friend out of all people had betrayed by messing around with my cheating boyfriend.

As I felt tears pricked my eyes at the sad news, I quickly wiped away my tears and inwardly tried to calm down my temper.

Neither Derek nor Amber were my tears anyway.

I needed to just get over this sad and angry mood by just having fun tonight.

And want more to do so than to go out tonight which I found to be a great stress reliever to do.

However, I did not want to move on too fast with another guy but at the same time I was sort of tired over my last relationship because of dealing with shitty Derek.

So, I guess I would give Logan a chance, but I wanted to take things extremely slow.

Buzz

I looked down at my phone and saw that I received a new text from Logan.

I opened it up and read that he wanted us to go tonight if it was okay with me.

And I replied saying yes which instantly made him replied back with a smiley making me whole heartedly laugh.

"Maybe tonight would actually be great with Logan," I muttered underneath my breath.

I honestly felt like I was somewhat in a better mind space, but it will certainly take time to get through this messy drama.

"Hey Nora, are you okay? You've been in the bathroom for fifteen minutes," I heard Vicki said.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I lied, checking myself out in the mirror one last time before I opened the door to meet a very worried Vicki.

"Are you very sure?" She ask concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine, it was just a family health scare but nothing major," I walked pass her and started head back to cleaning more tables.

"Thank goodness it was a false alarm with that family member of yours and I truly hope they get better," She spoke, and I smiled timidly at her.

"Thank you and I will let them know," I spoke softly before her attention drifted off to the commotion of impatient customers who were still waiting to receive their food orders.

"Sorry girl, but we'll talk later," She patted me on my back before she sped walk to attend to the customers.

While I cleaned up the tables, my mind drifted off to what my date with Logan would be like.

I was extremely nervous but excited in having perhaps a new beginning in my romance life. 

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst