Chapter 10: The First Date Part 1

After work, I was a nervous wreck for the rest of the evening since it was my first date with Logan this night.

I still did not know where we were going since he wanted it to be a surprise, but I just hoped everything went well.

I should have brought more stuff at the mall earlier, but since I had a date this night, Vicki and I were on crunch time.

I was relieved when we finally made it back in time for me to get dressed and prepared rather than be in the rush before seeing Logan again.

I was happy that I had a chance to introduce Vicki to my aunt, who just so happened to already be home when we arrived.

Taking that my aunt had a small conversation with Vicki, I knew then she liked her since my aunt rarely talked to anyone.

I laughed at the thought since it was in fact true.

And even though I knew Vicki for a short time she seemed to be a better friend than my ex-best friend ever was.

While l was getting ready, my phone rang as it was on my dresser.

I checked to see who it was and saw that it was Logan.

I answered the call and he spoke.

"Hey love, are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm ready," I said, shyly.

"Well, that's great to know since I'm a few minutes away," He replied.

"Good I'll see you soon," I replied.

"Okay," He spoke in a low gruff voice and I ended the call.

"Was that Logan?" Victoria asked while making sure I slayed my outfit for the night before she left my house.

"Yeah, it was him and now I'm more nervous than before," I replied.

"Is this your first date?" She asked.

"Honestly no, but still is Logan and perhaps he may be a great guy to even date," I replied, and she nodded her head in understanding.

"I hope he is a great guy and treats a nice girl like yourself right," She smiled, and I did the same.

"Anyway, I should get going since he said he would be here in a few minutes," I placed on my low-heeled shoes since I did not want my feet to hurt all night from wearing six-inch heels all in the sack of fashion.

"Alright, I'll be on my way also so have a great night," She hugged me, and I hugged her back.

"Let's just go out at the same time since I'm heading out anyway," I laughed, making her smile.

When Vicki and I walked past my aunt who was watching her favorite sitcoms on tv, my aunt look towards us and spoke.

"Where are you going?" She asked, curiously.

"Just on a date with a nice guy, I met," I replied which she nodded her head approvingly.

She knew the hard times I been through when I was with Derek since I did tell her some of his cheating habits during the time, I was seeing him.

But being the naïve person I was beforehand, I wasted my time thinking a guy could change if you tried to change them, but that was never true especially with Derek.

"Alright just be safe and if you need anything then I'm a phone call away," She replied.

"Okay, I will surely be back later," I nodded my head.

Seconds later, I heard someone knocked on the door. I opened it and saw that it was Logan.

He wore a nice black suit that was sharp-looking, and well-fitted. His hair was styled and when he smiled, it was breathtakingly beautiful.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds alone," Vicki winked at me and I playfully rolled my eyes. After Vicki and Logan greeted, she left us alone.

"Wow you look beautiful," He kissed me on the cheek and handed me a gift with a rose.

"Aww thank you," I smiled and kissed him on the cheeks. "I wish I could've gotten you something also," I said, feeling a bit guilty.

"No, it's fine," He reassured me as I wondered what he got me. I opened the box and saw that it was a beautiful bracelet. "Wow I love it," I placed on the bracelet.

"I'm glad you do since it was nonrefundable and expensive," He joked, making me laugh.

After locking my front door, we linked our arms together and headed towards his range rover.

I saw that a driver had opened our back door, waiting for us to get in. Once we settled inside, the driver started up the car and drove towards our date location.

I still did not know where we were heading, but I was extremely excited to be on a date with Logan so I didn't mind the anticipation of finding out, but out of curiosity, I asked anyway.

"I know you haven't told me yet, but where we are going?" I waited for his response.

"It's a surprise still," He smirked, leaving me more on edge.

I had no idea what Logan was up to, but I just knew it would be an awesome date.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst