Chapter 6-What's Going On?

Logan

While I drove down the street, I turned up the radio when one of my favorite songs by Pink Floyd started playing.

I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel rhythmically with the beat, being in a solemn.

But I knew moments like these wouldn't last long especially being a drug kingpin.

I was feared by everyone and lived by the code of silence who ran the largest mafia gang in the streets of Chicago.

Even though I was a leader, I still had to deal with problems along with my fucked up family.

And with being a guy like me, I found it easier to just have fun rather than be in a relationship with them until I met Nora.

She was the kind of woman who you couldn't take your eyes off of - even if it was a mere second.

She was the one you wanted to get to know than taking her out for a drink, then do it all over again.

She had curves in all the right places and was beautiful.

But the solemn mood changed when I got an incoming call from my best friend and second in command, Francis.

"Hello," I answered, while I heard screaming on the other end.

"What the fuck Logan? I thought you said you took care of her," He half yelled on the phone.

"Who are you talking about?" I questioned while stopping at the red light.

"You know Monica, the batshit crazy babe. I don't want her to be here, so can you get rid of her for good this time? And I'm at your hotel lodged in the same room like last time," He sighed, while I heard more things crashing on the other end.

I knew Monica since we were in grade school.

She was a sweet girl, but it was unfortunate the way her life turned out.

Being raised in an abusive household mixed with being in past abusive relationships could sometimes lead to a tragic ending.

"I'm on way." I ended the call, while I made a U-turn and drove towards Francis hotel room.

When I arrived, I saw Monica trying to get past Francis' security guards.

She was in her early twenties, but living a life of hard partying caused her to look older than she should have.

She wore casual clothing and sported her new haircut which was quite short.

"Calm the fuck down," I grabbed her back by arm, while she winced in pain.

The security guards seemed to have sighed in relief from no longer having to deal with Monica.

"And what the fuck y'all sighing for? I'm not paying ya'll weak men for shit if you can't even diffuse a simple problem," I said, angrily.

"Sorry boss, it won't happen again," They said, nervously.

"This better be the last fucking time," I said in a final tone. Since I had the situation under control, they stepped a few feet away from us.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst