Chapter 11: The First Date Part 2

"Fine," I finally said, resting my head on his shoulder. He then wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed my forehead, resting his head on mine.

I snuggled up against him, chest to chest, my heartbeat slowly catching up to his as if our bodies reacted simultaneously to our warm touch.

I grab his hand and intertwine my fingers with his throughout the car ride.

Eventually, we reached an airport, but driving further inside I saw that there was a guy who stood in front of a helicopter waiting for us.

I was surprised and nervous since I've been in one before, feeling I had butterflies in my stomach.

Once we reached the place, Logan and the guy greeted each other and I simply waved at him.

"Max this is Nora, my date, and Nora this is Max," Logan introduced us to each other and we both shook each other's hands.

"Nice meeting you Nori," He replied.

"Actually it's Nora," I said, feeling a bit annoyed when someone mispronounced my name especially when it was hard to remember it.

"That's fine with me also," He replied. "Anyway you guys have the helicopter for the night and I hope you two enjoy your date," He smiled and we said our goodbyes.

"I didn't know you could operate a helicopter," I said, surprisingly. I mean if he could do this then I wondered what other awesome things he could do.

"Sweetheart there's a lot of things you don't know about me," He winked at me and I blushed a bit.

After we settled inside, he started up the helicopter, and moments later we were in the sky.

The sky was mostly cloudy, deep steel blue-greys that mirror the hues of the highway.

Everything is a muted shade, like a matt photograph in a dimly lit room, everything except the taillights that flowed into the heart of the city.

They shined like the first berries on winter holly.

Branches newly bereft of leaves stretch up toward it, disappearing into the white as their tips were yet to be painted on the brilliant canvas above.

I could not imagine this date getting any better, but I knew it would be since it seemed surreal.

Once we got to our location, Logan helped me out of the helicopter. I looked around and saw that we landed at a secluded park which I thought was random since I didn't even know someone could land their helicopter in a park!

"Why the park?" I asked.

"Close your eyes," He replied.

"Fine" I sighed as he linked our hands together and led us to our destination or so I hoped, "And how far is it?" I asked while we walked there in silence.

"It isn't too far, maybe five minutes or less," He said.

"Alright Logan," I replied when I felt a soft peck on my hand, I blushed a bit.

"I hope you like my surprise, Nora," He said, seriously.

"I'm sure I will since I loved a relationship of romance," I said, jokingly as I laughed a little.

"Would you rather not have me be romantic?" He asked.

"Oh no, I love this side of you," I smiled.

"I'm glad that you do since this is how I'll always be with you," I said in a low gruff voice.

After some time of walking, I stopped and waited for a bit until Logan told me that it was okay to look.

"You can open your eyes now," He said. I then opened my eyes, looking around at the lovely place, and saw Logan hold a guitar.

"This is a lovely spot, and I didn't know you could play the guitar," I said, sitting down next to him on the soft silky picnic blanket.

"I'm glad you like it, and I don't play my guitar often, but only for you I can," He kissed me on the cheek.

"Aww that's sweet," I said, softly as he started taking out the food.

There were a lot of Italian meals which was I happy about since I loved Italian food with some red wine.

"Even though I'm Russian, I hope you don't us eating Italian food," He smiled at me.

"No of course not, I love eating food," I laughed, making him do the same.

"Me too," He replied as he started to take eat some of his meal.

"This looks so good," I said.

"Dig in," He said and surely, I did. I picked up a packed dish that was some spaghetti with meatballs.

"Mmm, this is good. You made this?" I asked him.

"Yes, and I can make a lot more. I mostly cook a variety of dishes since I actually went to culinary school a long time ago," He said.

"Wow, you did... Did you go to school overseas or in the states?" I asked, curiously.

"It was in the states, but I did go to one of the top culinary schools here which I found to be a great experience," He said.

"You honestly became hotter." I winked at him, and he chuckled a little.

"Tu sei l'unico per me." I said.

"What does that mean?" She asked.

"It means you're the only one for me in Italian since I'm also multilingual," He kissed my hand, making me blush.

"And thank you for this lovely dinner," I said, making him stare at me with an unreadable expression, "What?" I asked, seeing he would not look away from me.

"I'm happy that you went on a date with me and would like for us to continue dating if that's what you want," He said.

"But how do you know I'm the right girl for you?" I asked, making him look at me surprised.

"Because the moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew you will be mine," He said, placing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I don't know since I literally just got out of a relationship with a jerk guy who cheated on me," I looked away, feeling a bit sad.

Instantly, I said that he tensed up and held my chin firmly but not tightly so that I looked at him.

"What was the guy name who hurt you?" He asked, angrily.

"His name is Derek but-"

"Speak no more since they will never hurt you again," He said in a final tone, resting my head on his chest and kissed my hair, "no one will ever hurt what's mine again," He promised, dangerously. 

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst