Chapter 4: The Diner Part 2

People feared Logan around here, and pretty much guys like him meant trouble.

I could only imagine what kind of businesses he was into, but was smart enough not to ask.

I guess you could say I was a nosy person sometimes.

"No it's fine...I understand." I told him. "So can I get you anything?" I asked.

"Yes, I would like a cheeseburger with fries and a strawberry shake." He looked up at the menu.

"Is that all you'll like to eat....I mean order." I looked up at him.

"Certainly it isn't all I would like to eat," He winked at me and I blushed, "but now yes." He replied and I nodded.

After I wrote down his order, I gave it to the chef, who started to prepare his food.

"How much is it?" He asked. Once I tallied everything up, I told him the price. "Here you go." He said and handed me his credit card.

"Here." I replied, handling him back his card and he placed it inside his pants pocket.

"Thank you." He replied.

"No problem." I responded.

Suddenly, a worker named Mason came back and looked between Logan and me, wondering what was going on between us.

While he gave Logan his food, he looked down since Logan narrowed his eyes at her.

"Sorry." He mumbled, and quickly walked away from us.

"What was that?" I asked Logan.

"I'm sure you know by now." He took a bite out of his fries.

"Yes, but he was probably nervous around you." I said.

"So? Next time he should watch who he's staring at or else." He said with an underlying meaning and I sighed.

"Are you always this way?" I asked, suddenly regretting it.

"Are you trying to say something is wrong with me?" He raised a brow. "No...I was just asking." I replied. "Look Nora just because I'm nice towards you, does not mean I will be the same way towards others." He responded. "I'm guessing that's a no then." I muttered, not wanting to get on his bad side.

"Do you have any plans Friday night?" He suddenly, asked.

"I'm not sure, why? Are you asking me out on a date?" I raised a brow.

"Yes since I want to get to know you more and I would like to take out on a date." He replied, coolly.

"If I were to say yes then where would we go?" I asked. My mind drifted back to my on and off again boyfriend, Derek.

Since I moved out here we have been going through some long-distance relationship problems.

He stayed back in Idaho, seeing that Chicago was the last place he wanted to move to.

He would have rather us move to the bright sunny state, California but he didn't have a source of income and still lived with his parents, depending on them financially.

"It's a hot night club called Passion and it just opened up recently. Actually a friend of mine owns it." He responded.

"That's nice," I nodded my head, "but I'll think about it," I replied.

"That's cool and here's my number in case you change your mind," He smirked, writing down his number on a piece of napkin.

"Okay," I replied as he handed me his napkin. I stared at it, seeing he had a beautiful hand writing compared to mine which looked like chicken scratch.

"Some business came up, so I have to go." He said, suddenly.

"Ok....do you want me to pack up the rest of your food?" I looked, seeing that he barely ate his meal.

"No it's fine, you can have it." He placed on a pair of shades. He then brought my hand to his lips, kissing it softly. "I see you later, beautiful." He smiled, charmingly.

"Ok." I blushed, and he chuckled a little. After he said our goodbyes, I was lost in thought when I didn't realize a customer was standing in front of me.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst