Chapter 5: Rude Much?

"Excuse me!" He half yelled.

"What?" I said, while snapping back to reality.

"Hi, I ordered some time ago, but I haven't gotten my food yet." He replied.

"What did you order?" I asked. After he told me what he ordered, I reassured him that his food was almost since some things he ordered the chef ran out of.

But now he was able to restock, so his food was almost ready and he nodded his head in understanding.

Some time passed, I finally handed him his food since he decided to wait near the cash register.

Once he walked away, I heard someone humming next to me.

I turned to looked and saw that it was Victoria. "What?"

"Oh nothing, I just got Monica to cover for me on Friday night. What are you doing then?" She questioned.

"Sorry, but  stay home." I replied.

"Oh okay. I wanted to know if you would like to go out with my friends and I to Passion club, but I guess we can hang out other time." She said.

"Maybe, but I'll text you letting you know if I can make it," I replied.

"Okay cool, may we can probably meet there. By the way who's the lucky guy if you go there?" She smiled.

"Girl I have no lucky guy. And my on and off again boyfriend don't count," I replied.

"Aww well I can definitely find a date for you if you need one," She pinched my cheeks.

"That sounds promising but I'm still indecisive"  I playfully smacked her hand away.

"Yeah sure." She gave me the look, and I rolled my eyes.

"Also believe me or not, but you and Logan would make a cute couple." She smirked.

"Oh stop-"

"I don't see how since I've seen Logan date prettier girls." Tracy said, while she walked pass us. Bitch, I thought.

"Don't pay her any mind since she will like Logan, but he always turn her down." Victoria told me when Tracy was still near us.

"I wasn't planning on to since she can be mad all she wants." I rolled my eyes at her and she did the same.

"I know that's right." Victoria said, while she cleaned the counter.

Like Victoria, Tracy was pretty also but her attitude made her unattractive.

I've only worked her since yesterday, but the moment we met she already didn't like me.

"Anyway, like I was planning on saying before I was interrupted. It's too early to tell about that since we just met and we're getting to know each other." I replied.

"I understand, but I wish you two the best." She smiled and I returned the smile. Soon after we continued to work and before I knew time had gone by fast.

I checked the time on my phone to see how long I had to stay more and realized that soon my shift would be over, but since I clocked in early today, I decided to leave. Just in time, my aunt texted me about already waiting outside for me. I sighed in relief since I was tired, and I couldn't wait to take a long warm shower when I got home.

"I'll see you later." I waved goodbye to Victoria and she waved back. After we said our goodbyes, I walked outside and saw my Aunt's car parked near the diner. Shortly after, I stepped inside the car and she spoke.

"How was work?" She smiled, changing the radio station.

"It was ok. Everyone I've met so far were nice....well mostly everyone." I replied.

"Yeah sometimes is best to stay away from the negativity." She advised, driving into the night.

I completely agreed with her since life was better without having drama and not being around negative people like Tracy. 

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst