First day at School (Second Half- Kyle Dawson)

Chapter 12: First day at School (Second Half- Kyle Dawson)

“Megan?” A voice of a girl called behind me. “You’re Megan Miller right?” She asked as I turned towards her.

“You were so cool at land sliding that bitch, Tiffany back there.” The red head complimented as I assumed, land sliding also meant winning over.

I just nodded, sometimes I just giggled. It was the eleventh time that someone had mentioned it to me as I walked in the hallway from my History class to here. Most of them were scared frail looking girls and boys with metallic dentures and thick rimmed glasses. Has Tiffany been mean to them?

Kathy and I were lining up the cafeteria waiting for our turn to be served.

In the corner of my eye I saw Tiffany wrapping herself in Mr. Dawson’s arm. I involuntarily smirked at the sight of the uncaring boy and the clingy bitch- which they call her.

“Do you have a thing for Kyle?” Kathy asked, looking at them with no interest at all.

“What thing?” I asked as the line moved a step forward. I frowned with the thought of having a requirement, needing to be given to that irritating Mr. Dawson.

“Megan, you’re so cute! I mean, do you like Kyle?” I assumed that Mr. Dawson’s name is Kyle. Somehow I felt relieved that there was no requirement whatsoever for him.

“He’s rude, irritating and uncaring. I don’t think I like the gentleman. I find his air of arrogance suffocating as it greatly displeases me to be anywhere near him.” I answered as the woman in the counter gave me a scoop of mashed potatoes, gravy and this stick like things they call fries.

Kathy just laughed at me, gaining the attention of few people around us. “Megan, can I ask you something?” She asked as she waited for the woman to fill her plate.

“Off course you may.” My neck was lengthening, looking for a vacant table.

“Why do you speak like you’re from some old Victorian era? You speak like you’re older than my great grandmother.” She joked as I was again left to shrug my shoulders and giggle. It always worked on Kathy.

Come to think about it, I have noticed their way of speaking was different from mine. So I have decided to adapt. If there are words I won’t be able to understand, I’ll be asking my cousins.

Kathy was called in a table near Tiffany’s. She went. I followed.

“She’s like not supposed to be in the popular tables, Katherine.” Tiffany sneered at Kathy as we got nearer. Tiffany seemed to be keeping a group of tables in the center of the cafeteria. Kathy just looked around obviously pissed that Tiffany insulted me.

“Guess who won’t be?” Kathy sneered back at her grabbing my arm, walking away from all of them.

After a few steps, Kathy flipped her smooth ebony cascaded ponytails turning back to her saying “It’d be your loss anyway.” Kathy smirked, making sure that she was in enough distance for the curly tendrils at the end of ponytails hit Tiffany’s face when she flipped it back.

Eyes were on us again as people made way for her and me to pass through. We sat on another long table as a group of four cheerleaders, three jocks and the entire group of journalism club came to follow us.

I turned back to Tiffany and her popular tables. She was red in disappointment, anger and irritation as people stared at her; losing companions.

She was now with her uncaring boy friend who’s enjoying his meal with a couple of black gentlemen whom I assumed to be his friends. There was also a trio of self absorbed cheerleaders in thick cakey make up and a group of jocks who doesn’t even show they care as they heartily laugh at something from this thing Kathy called a laptop.