Traveling to Prague

Chapter 19: Traveling to Prague

 I hopped out of the front seat and waved at my Aunt Margaret goodbye.

“Be safe darling.” She said as she lowered her dark tinted sunglasses to meet my eyes.

I smiled and closed the car door without saying a word. I know I can’t assure her of my safety, having the fact that a few hours from now I will be in a foreign country; hunting Vampires.

She drove away leaving a thick cloud of dust as she disappeared in the school driveway. I waved off the dust and turned to join the other seniors; checking their attendance on the class list. I snuck in to sign beside my name and went to the gazebo where Kyle said he would meet me.

From afar, I saw a person inside the gazebo but as I’ve gotten nearer, I realized it wasn’t Kyle. It was a girl in a long velvety red dress.

“Well, good morning little miss explorer.” She looked behind her shoulder and flipped her long black hair to face me. She eyed my clothes as her red tinted lips formed a smile that did not quite reach her small Japanese eyes. “Looks like my cousin forgot to tell you about the dress code.” She said and her smile widened.

“Dress code? Wha…”

“Shhh Don’t worry. I always come in prepared for anything.” Mika said, winking at me. She didn’t even let me speak as she walked towards me, extending a pale arm for me to take. “Come, I have just the right dress for you.” She said as she dragged me to the nearest rest room.

She banged the door close and from her shimmery red carry all, she pulled out a long velvety white dress that matches her own except for the sweetheart neckline on mine while hers had a halter back with a neckline that reached her belly button. I ran my fingers on the intricate detailing of the crystals all over the thin belt. It was beautiful.

“Go. I’d like to see how my creation looks on you.” She said as she pushed me rather harshly inside a cubicle. “Hurry up and don’t let it’s hem touch the comfort room floor.” She yelled.

I removed my clothes as qyuickly as possible, excited to where her beautiful creation. Wait what? She made these? “I didn’t know you were a designer.” I increased the volume of my voice, making sure she could hear.

“I wish I was and I wish I could be. But then I can’t because I’m bound to be a hunter and not a designer. So get your ass out here so I can zip you up.” She said and somehow I realized, that in her tough front, she still is a little girl deep inside her heart.

I put on the dress and thank God, inside the velvet was a stretchable fabric. If it wasn’t strechy, I’m sure I won’t be able to fit in it, whatever I do. I placed my shorts and my tank top inside my back pack and went out for her to zip up my back.

On the floor where shimmery white pumps. “Did you design these too?” I asked, pointing to the shoes.

“No, they’re Jimmy Choo’s so you better walk carefully.” She said as she held my hand so I could slip in easily in her incredibly high Jimmy Choo’s. I wanted to ask what’s a Jimmy Choo but I guess she’d just think I’m dumb so I kept quiet. “Let’s go.” She said as she dragged me out again.

The bus has already gone and all that’s left in the parking lot was a shiny black car. We walked towards it and the driver went out to open the door for us. Mika went in first and I followed. A faint scent of Chamomile filled my olfactory as I felt the cold air graze my skin.

“Do you mind if I ask where Kyle is?” I asked, as the driver started the car.

The driver did not answer and I was left to face Mika for an answer. “He’s already waiting for us in the plane by now.” She said. “Excited?” She asked.