Vampire Hunter

Chapter 13: Vampire Hunter

Not much drama was there during the morning. Except for Tiffany Smith flashing me melting laser glares every time she had a chance to.

I honestly avoided her and her death glares but there was something in it that I enjoyed. I can feel her eyes bore into the back of my head as I walk from the hallway to the cafeteria. People were giving way and Kathy and I walked through as I felt the need to do something to save my nape from her melting stare.

I flipped my long wavy coppery brown locks and gave the bitch behind me her dose of the same level of fiery death glare. Instantly, she stopped.

Raising an eyebrow, she asked, “Do you have like a problem?”, her friends mimicking the same folded arms gesture that she had.

“Should you be asking that to yourself?” I smirked as her expression of extreme confidence dissipated in the hallway. She just huffed a girly huff of unaccepted defeat and walked away with her trio of cheerleaders. All in synchronized swaying of hips.

I smiled contentedly as hands flew over my shoulders in congratulations. Laughter was again in the air.

Random people were having small talks with me and giving me waves, smiles and nods of recognition as I politely returned them.

“Now look who’s becoming miss popular.” An irritatingly handsome voice whispered behind me as I watch Kathy choose between a slice of chocolate cake and a plate of Caesar salad.

“Go away Kyle, nobody needs you here.” I replied calmly, smiling at the old lady and gladly receiving another scoop of mashed potatoes and gravy. “Finicky.” He replied shortly releasing a sigh and faking a hurt, disappointed tone.

“You’re not pleasing me by saying that.” I answered as he followed me and Kathy to yesterday’s table. He just laughed.

Reece and his girlfriend were already in the table, spoon feeding each other like newlyweds.

“Not with Tiffany, Kyle?” Reece asked as Kyle placed his tray beside mine.

“She decided to go home for lunch.” He answered.

“Not with your friends?” Therese asked nudging an inch away from Reece.

“They decided to watch basketball at the gym.” He answered consistently.

“Not with the jocks?” Kathy asked as Kyle felt he’s in an awkward situation.

“They’re nowhere to be found. And hey, Reece’s a jock.” Kyle defended himself to an unknown antagonist. We all stared at his lack of reasonable answers.

“Geez, can’t we just eat?” He retorted as we all agreed and dug in.

 *

History class was nothing more than a boring waste of time. Though I was kept awake by Kathy’s stories of her family’s history being half Japanese, I was still drained.

Kathy’s full name is Maria Katherine Camille N. Hunter and her N. proudly stands for Nakamura. “You know how my family got our surname?” She asked as I suddenly got interested.

I shook my head as I obviously had no idea.

“I came from a family of hunters.” She stared at me with huge monolid eyes wanting to see belief in my face.

“You hunt… wolves, bears?” I asked knowing that there’s more she wanted to share.

“No silly. We hunt creatures worst than those.” She smiled tauntingly, wanting me to ask more.