14

𑁍𑁍𑁍

The boys were coming back with groceries bags in their hands. It was already late. The air was getting cooler and Jungwon wanted nothing more than to just lie down and sleep. His hands started to get cold, he put one in his pocket and unfortunately he had a plastic bag in the other.

They stopped at a red light, the boy just sighed, he just wanted to be in his warm room again, so as soon as the light turned green he entered the street.
"Hyung!" He didn't even take three steps when he felt himself being pushed and heard the screech of tires.

He quickly turned around and saw Ni-ki lying on the street in front of the car.
"Ni-ki!" He crouched next to him and started shaking him. It didn't help. He heard the car door suddenly closing and footsteps as if someone was running.

His vision was blurred by the tears that were welling up in his eyes, and his hands were shaking.
"Oh my God! I didn't see you! I'm so sorry!"
The man apologized and approached them.
"C-call an ambulance.." Jungwon said through tears.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry!" the man apologized once more and he quickly took out his phone to do what Jungwon asked him to do. The boy started to check if the younger one had any serious wounds, but he froze when he saw blood on his face.

He moved closer to him and placed Ni-ki's head on his lap, then with shaking hands he called Yeonjun.
"H-hyung! We are at this c-crossroads, close to rehab! Ni-ki had an a-accident, come quickly!"

"I'm on my way, Don't hang up." He heard Yeonjun's voice; he put the phone on speaker and put it down. All of his attention was on Riki again. Jungwon couldn't stop his tears, he took his hand and intertwined their fingers, he didn't care that his pants were all in blood at this point.

"Riki, please, d-don't do this to me.." he mumbled while caressing his hand with his thumb. "Don't do this to me.. Ki! Please.." he knew Yeonjun was saying something to him but he wasn't listening, he was too focused on the unconscious boy.

Not far from him, he heard a man talking loudly on the phone and walking around them, and an ambulance. He sighed knowing that the help was on it's way but he was worried.

He was worried about Ni-ki. As he was about to ask where Yeonjun is he saw him running up to him. The man hugged Jungwon who started uncontrollably sobbing.

Not long after, the ambulance arrived. Yeonjun quickly walked over and told the rescuer about Ni-ki's situation, while the other rescuer approached Jungwon to check if he was okay.

Jungwon was sitting aside lookin at the rescuers who helped Riki.
"I-is he going to be okay?" He asked the woman who started to check if he didn't have any injuries.
"So far, we suspect that he has a broken arm and a few bruises. Everything will be alright."

The boy wanted to believe it, there were only dark scenarios in his head. He shuddered slightly from the cold. He watched as they led Ni-ki into the ambulance, Yeonjun walking right behind them.

He looked at the woman who was about to take off his plaster to replace it with new one. He pulled his hand towards himself.
"Don't change it, please." He mumbled. The woman nodded and started to clean other wounds and put bandage on his arm.

After a while, she was done. He looked at Yeonjun who was already sitting in ambulance.
"Can I go with you?" Jungwon asked the woman.
"Yeah, of course, come on." They went to the car, Jungwon right away walked to Ni-ki and held his hand again.
"I'm so sorry, Riki.. But please.. don't leave me."