Chapter 28: Sino?

"K-khai?"

His eyes reflect so much emotion. Fear, shock, guilt. But I don't give a damn. Damn him, slapping a woman?

"Again, Acfos. What the fuck do you think you're doing huh?"

Hindi siya nakagalaw at nanatiling naka tulala sa akin. I was about to spit another word when I felt a pull on my shirt. I twisted my head to glance at Claire who's standing with fear behind me. She can't even look at me or Phoenix in the eye.

"S-stop... Let's go, p-please... Khai..." She muttered with fear.

A swallowed a lump in my throat and glare at Phoenix for the last time before Lifting Claire towards my car.

Claire's a pitit woman, she's small compared to me, and she's super light weight.

I opened the shotgun seat and placed her there before closing the door. I glanced at Phoenix again but he stayed at his position not moving a finger. I didn't mind him and went straight to my car.

Mahigpit ang hawak ko sa manobela while driving. I can't get over the fact that someone can actually hit a defenseless woman like Claire.

I glanced at her again beside me, she's still shivering, malayo ang tingin, at halos hindi makagalaw.

Guilt took over my body. Fuck! If only I showed up sooner I could have stop that fucking slap! If I didn't stay hidden i could have stop it!

My grip tighten more.

Fuck, khai! Fucking fuck!

I hit the wheels letting my emotions flew a little.

Putang Ina niya!

"K-khai,"

I small voice woke me up.

Claire, she's staring at me with fear in her eyes.

Tila binuhosan ako ng tubig sa katawan dahil sa tingin ni Claire.

She's scared.... Of me?

I didn't speak but I parked my car on the side walk. I didn't even realize that were already at the small sea. There's a sea wall here with trees around the sea.

I took a deep breath before glancing at Claire again. I can't help but to notice the bruises on her body.

I adjusted my seat as I lean on it. I covered my face with my arm as my heart clinched.

Ang sakit.

A big part of my heart is clinching by the realization of what this Girl is going thro.

"K-khai?"

A small traitor tear fell from my eye as I listen to her broken voice say my name.

Claire...

I fixed my position and left the car without a word. I went to the back of the car and wiped the tear off my face. Few seconds past and Claire followed.

"H-hey..."

I brushed my hair to the back as I sighed deeply. "How are you?"

"I-i'm fine... You?"

Lie.

But I nodded a response.

She sat on the car facing the wall. "What a view," She laughed.

I let out a small chuckled too. I know she's just trying to ease the atmosphere, and so do I.

"A wall blocking the beautiful view of the sea." The strong ocean air brushed thro her hair, revealing more of her hidden bruises. "It's serves protection to the road side from getting reach by sea water.... Hidding the beauty of the sea with an ugly wall... The sea wall."