Chapter 29: Siblings.

"Thank you for coming."

I didn't mind the cashier and took the plastic bags with ice creams and went straight to my car.

It's still bagging me, it never left. The taught, those taughts in my head. They're asking questions, confirmations. But I can't give any. I'm just here, buying ice cream in a grocery store, mind in the air hoping the answers will be up there.

Blankly, I drove my car home. I went straight to my room and toss the bag to my brother. He knew something was up with my silence, so he choose to leave with silence too.

I didn't sleep that night. I couldn't even lay on my bed. I feel like every seconds that pass while I'm not doing anything, those taughts will bug me again.

Yet, I wasn't dumb enough to just sleep and act like my minds not crowded. I tried running and looking through my whole room expecting another piece of paper that could answer my questions. I went back to my car and looked, yet nothing.

Before I noticed, the sun rises before my eyes. I layed on my bed, exhausted and disappointed.

Nothing, after every search, there was nothing.

"Khai? Kain na daw sabi ni Mommy."

I sighed upon hearing my brother's voice on the other side of my rooms door. I didn't move a muscle and choose to stay quite.

It's been days or a week since the incident with Tito Airo, and we still haven't spoke. We do live in the same roof but u refuse to let him take a peak of even my shadow. I am aware of the distance between Tito Airo and Mom after what happened.

The bond between this family was never the same after the truth came out, and I completely understand. After all, it was all because of me.

Because of me, Mom and Tito Airo haven't been sleeping in the same room.
Because of me, Tito Airo has been drowning himself at work so he doesn't have to go home.

Hindi ko Alam kung ano ang napagusapan nila ni Mom, pero kung ano man 'yon, I know it was enough for us to be fine, but not enough for us to be ok.

"Khai, Alam kong gising ka. Nakita kitang lumabas kanina." Aidan's voice was oddly sad.

Since the accident, he was also distance from Mom, but not too much that he doesn't spoke to her. Pero Alam kong may malaking pader sa gitna nila.

"Umalis na sila, sabayan mo na 'ko kumain, please." My heart clinched upon hearing my brother's painful voice.

I heard a few more knocks that I choose to ignore, before I finally heard him sighed and leave. I know it's rude for me to ignore him, but I am well aware Tito Airo's eating downstairs. Narinig ko siya kanina nang mapadaan ako sa kwarto niya, tinawagan niya ang kaniyang secretary para ipaalam na hindi siya papasok ngayon.

And I know why. And that's exactly why I choose to stay in my room, as a sign of my respect to him.

Hindi ko na namalayang nakatulog na pala ako't nagising nalamang nang makarinig ng malalakas na katok sa labas.

I was half asleep when I stood up and opened the door. "Manang?"

"Pasensya na po, kung na abala ko ang tulog nyo, sir-miss! Pala" She stumbled. "Pero baka gusto nyo na pong kumain?" She said not lifting her eyes to meet mine.

"No, I'm fine."

Every since they found out about my identity, the maids started to get awkward around me. Some of them doesn't know how to address me anymore. I am also highly aware that some of them are talking bad thing about behind my back, but I choose to take a blind eye.