Reception

Author's POV
.
.
.
.
.
.

Avinash and Yukti were now a married couple as all the rituals were completed. Now it was time for vidaai but something was missing, absolutely right, the groom's shoes. Abhimanyu and Divisha were sitting beside each other surrounded by their friends and cousins.

"Where are my shoes?" He asked the cousins of Yukti thinking they hid them somewhere.

"They are with your friends only. They took them before we could take them." Renuka, one of the cousins said with a sad face.

As she said, Yukti's smile dropped and Avinash smirked looking at her.

"Looks like someone lost the bet." Avinash whispered in her ear. She gave him a tight lipped smile and yelled.

"Divisha!"

"Yes, bhabhi!" Her sleep vanished as soon as she heard yukti and sat straight. Yukti asked her about shoes and she told her that they were with them.

"Divisha, you are on my side, right?" Yukti said in a dangerous tone.

"Bhabhi, I_I am on_on" She was trying to form a sentence.

"Aunty, you know what Divisha did with your ank..." Yukti was saying this with a smirk on her face.

"Noooo bhabhiii!!" Divisha shouted cutting yukti in between.

She looked at Abhimanyu who had his hands on his ears. She looked at him for a second, then looked down and said.

"Dekho tumhare paer ke neeche chipkali!" She said, he jumped and took both of his legs up fastly.
(There is a lizard under your feet!)

As soon as his legs were in the air, she snatched his shoes(mojari) and was about to run from there. But Abhimanyu grabbed her elbow stopping her.

"Don't!" He said glaring at her.

"You know, I'm wearing heels which are very sharp." She said and looked down at his private part and then again in his eyes. He got her warning and left her hand and sighed.

She ran towards Yukti and put shoes in front of her.

"Take them but don't reveal my secrets." She whispered to Yukti which Avinash heard.

"Kitni jaldi party badal li na tune. Cheater kahi ki!" He said glaring at her.
(How fast you changed sides. Such a cheater!)

"Agar aapki side rehti toh kya aap mujhe aapki company shagun me de dete?
Nahi na toh fir unhe shagun dijiye." She said sarcastically.
(If I'll be on your side then will you give your company to me as a gift to me?
No right, then give them money.)

He scoffed and asked renuka and her group how much money they wanted. He gave them money silently and wore his shoes. Elders were doing preparations for the Vidai ceremony. Divisha again went to her seat and sat beside Abhimanyu.

"Tumhe pata hai Hindi me ek shabd hai 'dalbadlu'. Vo tum ho!" Abhimanyu said breaking the silence.

"Tumhe pata hai ek bohot rare payi jaane wali prajati hoti hai. Murkho ki prajati! Tum unke sardaar ho!" She replied with an innocent face. Abhimanyu was first confused at her statement but then she completed her sentence and he rolled his eyes.
(You know, there is a species which is very rarely found. Dumb people species!!You are their king!)

"Leave it, I don't talk to manner-less people." Abhimanyu said with a sigh and started using his phone.

"Chamgadar!" Divisha murmured but Abhimanyu heard it.
(Bat faced!)