Chapter 4

Eunique Pov

A few weeks later Simone was free to leave the hospital but had to stay there at times, but she was fine. We were on our way to Pebbles and La Reid's house because they had a surprise for us, not gonna lie we were excited so we kind of rushed there to see what it was, we pulled into the driveway to this huge, beautiful house with Pebbles and La Reid waiting by their front door.

Pebbles: Girls glad you came please come inside

We walked in and it was so gorgeous, a nice diamond chandelier, everything was white gray and black it was magical. We sat on the gray couch, and they sat in these fancy black chairs across from us.

Pebbles: So how you like the place

Eunique: Its nice

Alex: Yeah

Pebbles: Look at us girls back together again, how you feeling Simone?

Simone: Oh, I'm fine.

Pebbles: Well, you about to feel even better. 

she and La pulls out platinum certificates 

Pebbles: 1 million records sold

we all scream of joy and thank La and pebbles after getting the certificates.

Eunique: Thank you so much, so uh I was thinking- well we were thinking we could get some extra cash?

Pebbles: hold on we have another Suprise for you girls

She takes us to their garage and as the garage opens, we see 3 cars with our nicknames on it, we ran to them happily and excitedly, after we got our surprises, Pebbles told us we were going to the club to celebrate us going platinum and we did, and it was fun until we were about to leave.

Security Guard: Take 3? oh. damn B, Still driving mom's car, Yall better off walking. he said laughing.

Simone: Yo we need to see those contracts.

And the next day we did just that, first in the morning we went to our lawyer's office to see if we could see our contracts and why we weren't getting no money.

Lawyer: Ladies, sorry to be running late, how can I help you

Eunique: We want to take a look at our contracts.

Lawyer: Ok, let me speak to pebbles

Simone: Why, aren't you our lawyer?

Lawyer: Well yes

Eunique: See I'm confused.

Lawyer: Well i have to speak with her beca-

Alex: Hold up, Are you her lawyer too?

Lawyer: Yes

Eunique: Now I'm really confused.

Simone: Wait, how can you represent us and pebbles?

Alex: Yeah, how can you look out for both groups, that don't even make any sense?

Lawyer: To be honest, no one thought you girls were gonna make it this big

Eunique: Oh, that's foul.

Simone: Look, we don't care what yall thought, why aren't we making any money?

He pulls out some book from his desk drawer and starts flipping pages.

Lawyer: For starters, you have an obligation to pay back the label for all production costs, including studio and rehearsal times, promotions, tour expenses, transportation, meals, gifts, etc. Now that's fairly standard. Mrs. Reid is also taking a percentage as a manager, then taking a percentage for her label pebbitone which is also an imprint of Laface which is La Reid's label, oh and La face also gets a cut.