Chapter 18: Burning the Candles

No One Pov / Y/n's Dorm

Sitting on the couch, Y/n was waiting as Glynda can be seen inside his kitchen area, preparing the both of them a nice pot of hot water. 

Glynda: "I am hoping this will help you feel relax for a bit. There is nothing wrong with having some hot cocoa" 

Glynda used her semblance to carry the hot pot, two packages of coco powder and dozens mini marshmallows for her and Y/n. Glynda sat down beside Y/n and rips open the cocoa's package and drop the powder into the two cups and stirring them. Once finished, She slides one cup over to Y/n, picks it up and took a sip before placing it back down on the table. 

Glynda: "How are you feeling now, Mr. L/n?"

Y/n: "I.. i keep having this recurred dream coming from my mind where this Grimm were launch itself towards me and chomp me"

Glynda listened closely as he kept talking about his dream will start as normal then it took in a dark turn, finally ended up with a grimm open it mouth. 

Y/n: "And then I wake up....What does that mean?"

 Glynda sigh. 

Glynda: "I'm afraid that I do not know" 

Y/n groan as he took the cup of hot cocoa back and sip. 

Glynda: "But I can tell you is, if anything would to be wrong. Then you will have us to save you" 

Y/n looks at her and smiled. 

Glynda: "So the prom is coming soon, do you have anybody to go with?"

Y/n: "Not really, I was thinking about doing this alone or not go" 

Glynda place her hand underneath Y/n's chin forcing him to look at her. 

Glynda: "Well, I'm afraid I cannot let you skip out on this prom. If you are planning to leave, you better expect a mountain of homework" 

Y/n was beginning to tremble at Glynda's threat.

Glynda: "Do you understand?"

Glynda said with a deep, soft tone making Y/n shake his head for a yes. 

Y/n: "I understand, Miss Goodwitch"

Vytal Festival Ball

Sitting on a chair, Ruby was resting her head on her hand and was staring somewhere when something was slammed onto the table causing her to look up to see Weiss with a smile on her face. 

Weiss: "I need you to pick a tablecloth"

Weiss' slightly shove the two similar white tablecloths over to Ruby, choosing to what to pick out. 

Ruby's expression changed from being normal to confused with one eyebrow raised as she look at the tablecloths. 

Ruby: "Aren't they both the same?"

Weiss scoffed as she clenches on one of the tablecloth. 

Weiss: "I don't even know why I asked"

Weiss walk away with her head up and Yang came over with a large speaker, drop it on the floor which ended up slightly given the chair, Ruby was on and the table to jump before landed back onto the ground. Once Yang finished placing the speaker, Yang went over to her sister wiping her hands together and held them on her hips.

Yang: "So, have you picked out a dress yet?"

Ruby: "What's the point?"

Ruby laying her head on her arm.