Chapter 36: End of the Beginning

Beacon Academy

Flying around in the sky was the Wyvern. The Shatter Moon hover behind Beacon Academy as the landing platforms were filled with people and Airbus taking as many people as they can to get away from the invasion. Running up to the platform was Y/n. Right in front of him was his friends, Weiss, Blake and Yang. Zwei spotted Y/n and alerted the group with a small bark.

Weiss turn around and ran up to him, stopping him in the process.

Y/n: "How is she?"

Weiss: "They've managed to stop the bleeding, but... She lost so many blood"

Y/n place his hands on both her shoulder and hug her, she embraces the hug. After they were done with their hugging, both of them went over to the group and see Blake and Yang laying on the ground with Blake looking at Yang with tears in her eyes, Yang was unconscious, but still alive.

Blake: "I'm sorry..."

Y/n look around and notices that someone wasn't here with them.

Y/n: "Where's Ruby?"

Before Weiss could even answer Y/n's question, directly in front of the group, only a few distance away were Professor Port and Doctor Oobleck.

Port: "That's it, everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!"

Oobleck: "A safe zone has been establish in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!"

Y/n stands beside Weiss as she had her hand in front of her mouth, looking terrified. Zwei letted out another bark, causing Y/n to turn around and see Ruby running up to the group.

Y/n: "Ruby!"

Weiss spun around.

Ruby: "Oh, I found you two!"

Weiss: "Ruby, where have you-"

Ruby: "Don't worry, I'm fine! What's going on?"

Ruby look at Weiss as she lower her head to avoid eye contact with her.

Ruby: "Weiss? What is it?"

Y/n: "Ruby?"

Ruby look over at her boyfriend and notice at the corner of his eyes, small tears were forming.

Y/n: "Blake and Yang. They're... They'll make it"

Both Y/n and Weiss move to the side, allowing Ruby to see what was behind them. Her eyes immediately widen up once she saw both her teammates and her friends, wounded and Yang's missing arm.

Blake hover her hand above Yang's hand, holding her as she cries again.

Blake: "I'm sorry..."

Ruby was started to be sad as she holded her arm out. Y/n embraces her.

Blake curled out into a almost fetal position as she cried out.

Blake: "I'm so sorry..."

Ruby: "Yang..."

Ruby say Yang's name softly.

Sun: "Hey..."

Sun approach to Ruby and Y/n.

Sun: "She's gonna be okay. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale"

Nora: "But Jaune and Pyrrha are still missing!"

Nora groans as she clenches her stomach.

Ruby: "What!?"

Sun: "Look guys, that giant Grimm keeps circling the school. Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go... now!"