Chapter 33: PvP

Amity Colosseum

Standing outside of the maintenance door, Y/n heard the announcement of Pyrrha and Penny's fight.

Port(Intercom): "It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina from Atlas! And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos!"

As the crowds were cheering loudly, Y/n was thinking about why Mercury was still here, including Emerald.

Oobleck(Intercom): "Fighters, are you ready"

Y/n: "Why were Mercury and Emerald still be here? Ruby said that they've left for Haven"

Oobleck(Intercom): "Three!"

Y/n started to think deeper in his thought.

Y/n: "If they are here, then where are the rest of them, why are they doing this?"

Oobleck(Intercom): "Two!"

Y/n: "Are they here for something?"

Oobleck(Intercom): "One!"

Y/n eyes were widen as he look back at the arena.

Y/n: "...Or someone"

Y/n ran back outside of the corridor as the crowds started to cheer again once more. Y/n look directly at the middle of the arena as Pyrrha and Penny were beginning their fight. Y/n look around where all the crowds were seating, then he spotted Emerald watching the duos fighting.

Y/n: "Coco's and Yang's hallucination can't be coming from stress, they must've came from her...And if that's the case then, she's going for Pyrrha next"

Y/n immediately rushed back to the maintenance door.

Inside the maintenance hall, Ruby was laying on the floor and was about to grab her scroll and was about to contact someone. Until Mercury shot her Scroll, destroying it.

Mercury: "Let's just keep this between us friends"

Mercury said with a smirk as he lowered his leg.

The door behind Ruby barges open. Looking behind her, Ruby saw Y/n standing in the middle of the doorframe before running up towards them. Mercury chuckle seeing Y/n running. Mercury charges at Y/n and jumping into the air and was about to dropkick Y/n in the face. But instead was handled by Y/n as he grip his hand on Mercury's leg in midair. Y/n held him up in the air and watch his other foot reeling back.

Y/n uses his other arm and grab a hold onto Mercury and slammed him on the ground, before tossing him away, gaining some distance between Y/n and Ruby and him. Ruby standed up and was about to fight with him as well, but Y/n stop her by placing his arm on her shoulder and said.

Y/n: "Ruby, you need to stop the tournament!"

Ruby: "What about him?!"

Mercury was slowly getting up. Y/n remove his hand off of Ruby and move in front of her.

Y/n: "I'll handle him. Just go and stop them!"

Ruby nodded at Y/n, before she uses her semblance and dashed away, leaving behind Y/n and Mercury. Mercury stands up after laying on the ground, he wiped off his mouth and look at Y/n with a anger look.

Y/n: "Why are you doing this?"

Mercury chuckles.

Mercury: "You know, Cinder had told us about your little wing thing you did to her, but that was something else. What else are you hiding from us"

Mercury readied himself as Y/n was standing there doing nothing. Mercury seeing Y/n not doing anything. Mercury rush himself towards at Y/n and shoot a couple rounds. Y/n dodges his shots, but at the last round, He saw Mercury leaped closer in his space and spin his body around and kicked Y/n in the chest, knocking him back. Y/n stands his ground after the kick, Mercury charges at Y/n and thrown a punch. Y/n blocked his attack and grab him by his arm, tossed him to the side again. Mercury pressed himself against the wall, Y/n tried to punch Mercury in his face, he dodged the punch and watched the wall where his head should've been, cracked by his fist.