Prologue

Wooyoung had just finished unpacking all his boxes for his new apartment.

He flopped onto his bed sighing in relief. He was finally free. No longer having to follow his parent's rules. Not having to meet their expectations. The weight of being the "disappointment child" gone.

It felt good to finally have a space of his own that wasn't just a small room. Wooyoung closed his eyes for a second, processing that he no longer shares a house with other people. Wooyoung opened his eyes to take in his surroundings once again.

He got up and just stood in the middle of his room. "You hear that?" Wooyoung was talking to himself. He put his hand behind his ear. "No yelling parents. No annoying brothers." Wooyoung laughed silently.

He started running around his apartment like a kid. He was so happy to know what it was like to finally live a life of his own. He got too excited and ended up stubbing his toe on the coffee table in his living room. "Ah!" He hopped on one foot while holding the other one.

He sat down on the couch to calm himself down and laughed at his hyperness. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. When he looked to see who it was, it was his mom. He answered the call. He expected to see his mom facing the camera but it was his little brother.

"Kyungmin? Why do you have mom's phone?" "So that I can see your place! Show me show me show me!" "Ok ok. Anything you wanna see first?" "Hm... Show me your room first." Wooyoung got up and went back into his room.

He flipped the camera, slowly walking around so that his brother could see everything. Wooyoung showed him his bed, closet and dresser. When Wooyoung showed him where he put his jewelry, he made a confused face.

"What's wrong?" "Where's the bracelet I made you?" Wooyoung couldn't help the smile that grew on his face. He showed his right wrist with the bracelet on it. "I wore it throughout the whole process of coming here. Even unpacking."

"Good. Show me the rest of your house." Wooyoung walked out of his room and showed him the bathroom and then the living room. He went to the kitchen last and walked up to the fridge where it had a drawing his brother made for him. "Whenever you make your art let me know so that I can hang it on the fridge."

"But what if you run out of space?" "I'll figure something out." Wooyoung flipped the camera, smiling. "Well that's it, anything else before I take a nap?" "There's no more rooms?" "No Minnie. I live in a one bedroom apartment so it's nothing like mom and dad's house." "Oh."

"You're so cute." "No I'm not!" "Then what are you?" "Handsome." He made a check with his fingers and put it on his chin. "Ok, whatever you say." Kyungmin smiled. "Well I'll get going. Go ahead and give mom her phone back." "Ok hyung. Bye!" "Bye." They hung up.

His brothers might be annoying but he sure did love them. No matter how many times their parents saw them for their differences, they always stuck together. It wasn't easy but they managed.

Being the middle child hadn't been so easy. Wooyoung's parents always saw the best in his brothers but when it came to him, they always saw his flaws. The favoritism was so obvious no matter how many times they denied it.

It honestly didn't make sense to Wooyoung because he wasn't that bad. He got decent grades and was always respectful to his elders. Yes he might've gotten lots of piercings and two tattoos, but even before that he was not good enough for some reason.

He always tried his best to fulfill his parent's expectations, whether it be getting an award or giving them a gift, but they were never satisfied with him. He graduated and was now in college but his parents still saw him the same.

He'll never forget the words that he heard his mother say when she thought he couldn't hear her. He had just taken the last of his belongings from their house and she closed the door after saying goodbye. "Finally. I couldn't wait for that one to be out the house."

That one? Wooyoung wished he walked away from the door in time, wished that he wasn't able to hear her through the door, but he did and it made him feel some type of way. He knew that he shouldn't have taken it to heart but he couldn't help it.

His mom didn't treat his older brother like this when he moved out. He was the same age as Wooyoung was now when he left, almost older. His mother and father helped him throughout the whole process meanwhile Wooyoung couldn't even get help with carrying a single bag.

At least now he didn't have to deal with his unappreciative parents.

Wooyoung realized that he needed to go grocery shopping. He'd do it tomorrow and just get take out for dinner. He really just needed a nap.

Wooyoung was eating his dinner while watching tv when he heard his phone ring. It was his friend, Yeosang. He picked it up.

"Wooyoung you are not going to believe what I just heard!" "What is it?" "Yesung said that he wants us to come back to the club and perform again!" "No way!" Wooyoung got up so fast he almost choked on his food. "Yes way bro! And we'll get payed!"

Just like Yeosang had said, Wooyoung could not believe what just came out of Yeosang's mouth. He honestly thought that what him, Yeosang and Jongho did would just be for fun, nothing serious. But boy was he wrong.

Life was starting to get better for Wooyoung and he couldn't be any happier. First his apartment now this. Doing this meant that he could be able to afford his rent since he was already a TA and had a job at the record store.

"That's great." "I know right!" "Did you tell Jongho already?" "Yup." "What about Hongjoong?" "I didn't tell him yet. I'll call him after this." "Well you go ahead and call him. I know you probably want to tell him so badly. After all he helped us get here."

"Ok. Well we're going out for drinks tomorrow. I'll see you then Woo." "Ok bye Sangie!" "Bye." They hung up. Wooyoung put his hands on his head, walking back and forth. So many emotions were coming towards him at once. He really did it. This was the start of a whole new career that he wanted for so long.