15

It was New Year's Eve and of course Wooyoung was alone at home.

He had taken a fresh shower and brushed his teeth already. Now he was just carelessly scrolling on his phone while laying on his bed. Michi came out of nowhere and jumped on his back. "Ow!" He looked at her and grabbed her. "Seriously?" The cat just dragged its claws against his hand.

"You're lucky you don't have a cage. Or else I would've put you in it and kept you there." Wooyoung said jokingly while scratching behind her ear. She leaned into the touch and then Wooyoung smoothed her fur down.

"You hungry?" He scratched under her chin. "Let's get you some breakfast." Technically it was brunch since it was well past three. Wooyoung got up and put Michi in his hoodie pocket. She really liked going inside of whatever pockets he had. It reminded him of his first night with her and how he ran to the train station with her in his coat pocket.

He thought that he dropped her and was relieved to see that he didn't. Wooyoung walked into the kitchen and got her cat food to put into her little bowl then he took some water and poured it into the bowl next to her food. Michi wasn't that much of a milk person.

Wooyoung helped Michi out of his pocket. "Go ahead and eat Mimi." As soon as she started eating he went to the kitchen to make himself some breakfast. He went ahead and made gochujang jjigae with spam just like how his mom used to make it for him.

Wooyoung was never usually emotional during times like this but things had changed and he couldn't help his shift in emotions. It was the first new years without his family just like how it had been for Christmas. He wondered how different things could be if hadn't done what he did that night or if the video never went viral.

Things would be back to normal and he wouldn't be spending the holidays alone. Well at least now he had Michi to spend the holidays with. Wooyoung looked around the table, no one filling the seats in front of him. He stared into his stew and ate some more.

Wooyoung told himself that he wouldn't cry but here he was, tears falling down his cheeks already. It wasn't even evening and Wooyoung thought he could last at least 12 hours without crying. Looks like he was wrong. He just couldn't stand his parents and they always wondered where he got his stubbornness from.

Wooyoung sniffled and continued eating. He ate everything and sipped every last bit of the stew. He washed his dishes while his last tears fell and checked up on Michi who was finished as well. "You full?" He scratched her fur and took her bowl to throw away whatever she left. He rinsed it out and put it back.

Did she ever see outside the window? Wooyoung was curious so he picked her up and moved the curtain so that they could look outside. They both watched as cars drove by. Wooyoung pointed down. "You see all those people?" Michi followed his finger.

"They could've gotten lucky and had you but guess who found you first?" He turned her around to look at him and pointed a finger towards his face. "Me." He kissed her head and walked away from the window and into the bedroom.

He plopped onto the bed and put Michi right beside him. He laid on his stomach and played with Michi, letting her completely attack his hand. She scratched him up and bit him but he didn't mind it. He liked that she could occupy him when he wasn't feeling so good.

He took out his headphones and plugged them into his phone. He put on some wave to earth, feeling mellow. He flipped back around and put Michi on his stomach. Wooyoung took the left side of his earphones and put it in Michi's ear. She flinched at the sound.

"Too loud?" Wooyoung turned down the volume and put the earphone back into her ear. "See? It's not that bad is it?" It didn't seem like she disliked it so he left her there, smoothing down her fur. He felt a bit sleepy even though he didn't do much.