doesn't the master find it weird?

“What did you do to him?” Jude asked Zenos again. Addressing Sean with 'him' because he doesn't want anyone to catch their names as the walls have ears.

Zenos leaned back and swirls the wine cup in his hand calmly. “Giving him a taste of what he wants!” He replied.

“Wicked!” David muttered, downing his drink.

“Master!” Xena's greeting interrupted the three.

“Him?” Jude asked Xena, already knowing how much Xena liked Sean, which Sean wasn't interested in; which was the reason Zenos gave her the mission for Xena to see if Sean's opinion had changed during her absence.

Sean counted Xena as a younger sister, while Xena wished he did take her as a woman. Some years ago, Xena, whose original name was Charmaine, was a shy girl.

One day, Charmaine braced herself and confessed her feelings for Sean, but he immediately blew her bubbles by rejecting her and telling her she was just a younger sister to him, and that she should move on because there was nothing possible between them.

Charmaine was heartbroken for months but after those times she began to hide from Sean and when she'd come back she had changed and became Xena, one of the best female fighters with a killer beauty. Xena's legendary name was popular, but her face wasn't.

“He's good, don't worry, Master!” Xena bowed politely and replied to Jude.

“How are you doing here?” Zenos asked.

Xena clenched her fist, and a trace of pain flashed through her eyes, but it was cruelly suppressed. She bowed calmly. “It is almost over!” She said and almost choked in the sob that wanted to spill out of her throat. “Thank you”. Xena bowed to them.

“Ask when you need assistance,” Jude said.

“And it's brothers, not masters!” David continued sternly.

The impact of the rejection was too much for Xena that she stopped calling them big brothers and started calling them Master.

“Okay, brothers!” Xena replied without hesitation. After all, she has grown wiser than before, and she already knows how to separate her emotions from other important things.

______

Rory, one of the girls who were among the four ladies in the room earlier, was full of uneasiness, and it can be seen with the way she paced where she was while she stared at the door of the room Xena and that Masked Master was.

When Rory saw Xena coming out of the room of that handsome Master that was sitting beside Xena earlier, her face immediately flashed with relief and victory. Xena also failed! The realization made Rory grin happily, subconsciously.

Soon, Rory saw Xena approaching the masked men; Rory saw Xena began to chat with them, which made her furious and jealous. Some wicked ideas soon began forming in her head, and she quickly entered the private room.

“Master Eric!” The girl bowed in front of CEO Eric.

“Useless people!” CEO Eric suddenly bellowed and threw a wine cup near the girl's face. It narrowly hit the girl's face, but it successfully tore the girl's skin. The girl didn't flinch, but she touched her face to wipe the blood away. “You can't even seduce them. Just one man!” He said and smashed the expensive wine bottle in his hand to the floor angrily to let out his anger.

The girl was accustomed to her Master temper, no! All of them were.

“Doesn't the Master find it weird?” She suddenly said, while hiding her expression with a blank one.

CEO Eric fell silent. Yes! Everything happening that night was weird, but he decided not to jump to a conclusion and instead asked Rory. “What do you mean?”

“Master has always been well-planned, how can some masked men successfully bypass master arrangements.” She dropped slyly while waiting for CEO Eric to take the bait.

“What are you implying?” CEO Eric said as different scenarios and ideas began to form in his head. His anger subsided a little, and he immediately handed Rory his handkerchief to wipe the dripping blood.

Seeing that her doubt and praise were well bought by him, Rory continues to go on confidently. “Don't you think Xena…”

A big anger immediately made its way to CEO Eric's face when he heard Rory talking about Xena. “What do you mean to say? Is it because of your secret competition against Xena? Are you jealous of Xena's beauty so much that you wanted to use me to get rid of her?” CEO Eric frowned in annoyance at Rory's actions, his guards had talked about how Rory tried to harm Xena multiple times because of jealousy, but he never believed. Now, she dared to stay in front of him and tell him nonsensical shit. She's really wicked!

“Master, how can you say so? How can I do that? I know Xena is more beautiful than me.” She said with a smile, but she was brewing inwardly. Ever since Xena's arrival one year ago, everyone started comparing Rory and Xena together. Rory has always been the most beautiful lady but ever since Xena came, she was always compared to and sometimes made fun of, which made her jealous and unhappy. “I am not jealous of Xena. All I wanted and worked for is my master's growth. How can Master say so? Is that who you think I am?” Rory said with red-rimmed eyes, which revealed how much she was trying to hold herself back from crying.

“Do you think I wouldn't have left if I were jealous? Why would I stay where I'm always compared to someone? Am I such a bad person? I have always wished for Master's happiness, but I never knew Master saw me as a bad person.” Rory said, and with that, she was unable to control her tears.

“Wipe your tears.” He said, feeling sympathy on her behalf. Rory has been working for him for over 5 years, and she could have left if she really wanted to, but she never did. Besides, many people tried to poach her to their sides, but she never betrayed him, nor leave or tried to do so. His stance quickly changed, and he decided to hear more from Rory, at least he had always followed her idea in the past, and it has always been beneficial to him. “Now, explain what you meant?”