Chapter 22: She Agreed

Hayden immediately tried to take back his hand, but Zenos clutched it tightly and began to trace and write nonsensical words on the sensitive part, making Hayden glare at him.

"Whayudoin?" He said with gritted teeth.

Zenos raised his chin and motioned Hayden to answer Rose.

"S. Sure!" He said and tried to stand up, but Zenos' hand wouldn't let go. 'This ancestor!' he cast a helpless smile at Andy, who's been forced to sit at another place all thanks to Zenos. "Just this one time?" Hayden gritted and whispered.

Zenos arched his eyebrows but didn't reply nor did he let go.

Hayden wanted to cry a river at Zenos's shamelessness. This person! "I'll listen to you later!" He said, and his hand was let go immediately. Hayden glared in annoyance and immediately followed Rose.

Hayden was caught off guard when Rose suddenly hugged him. "I was scared, I thought I lost you." She began to sob and release all her pent-up emotions quietly.

Hayden doesn't know what is wrong with him; obviously, this was the girl he has been pursuing for 2 weeks now and since she was holding him, he should feel in bliss, but no! He felt like he was cheating. Cheating on whom? She was his soon-to-be girlfriend. It shouldn't be wrong, but still, he removed himself from her embrace, which caused her to look at him in alarm.

"You didn't attend" Hayden completed.

"I'm sorry... My little brother had an issue, so I ended up in the hospital that night." She replied while her tears softly trickled down.

"Oh. Sorry for that". Although Hayden didn't know Rose had siblings. He quickly salvaged the situation by using his hand to wipe her tears away gently. "Beautiful, crying doesn't suit you. All I want is that beautiful smile, gimme that, would ya?"

Rose was immediately relieved. Hayden still likes her, so she patiently let Hayden wipe and then smiled beautifully. "Called you, but you didn't pick up, and I texted too!" She complained while clutching his hand tightly.

Hayden seemed to stand on a pin by her actions, but since she was only clutching his hand, he felt that he should let go! "It's my fault. My apologies. I should have told you I'd be busy" Hayden said wanting to get it done with, quickly, but suddenly, he remembered something. "Why are you looking for me?" He asked.

Rose suddenly blushed a deep red. "You can't break my heart now. I'm your girlfriend!" She declared shyly and then ran away after pecking his cheeks.

Hayden froze for a sec and he almost stumbled. He should have been washed with happiness with Rose's answer, but all he felt was something else. His face pales and it feels like the earth is playing with him. There was still a persistent Zenos who was after him, now Rose had decided to agree. "I'm dead bro." He texted Andy with a fast-beating heart.

"What's up?" Andy quickly texted back immediately. Not caring about the teacher teaching in the classroom.

"She agreed!"

"Huh?"

"Rose. She f**ing agreed!" Hayden leaned on a wall and ruffled his hair in distress. Why is his life turning like this? Why must it be today of all day? How can a night suddenly change his life balance?

Andy was quiet for a few seconds. "We'll talk about this later. Hurry, the teacher is around!" Andy quickly texted back after recollecting his thoughts.

Hayden solemnly walked towards the class, when he stood at the entrance, he saw Zenos looking towards him calmly, Zenos was dazzling like a king on his throne. Everything becomes a shadow when it comes to Zenos. Hayden's heart began to beat faster, and he was suddenly scared about what he was feeling!

"Hayden." A voice jolted him awake from his absent-mindedness.

"Hm?" He replied absent-mindedly. He saw that it was the teacher who called him. He calmly walked towards Zenos and sat beside him.

Hayden inhaled and then exhaled deeply to gain some courage, he suddenly began. "I..."

"Shhh... Focus!" Zenos' beautiful lips cut off whatever Hayden planned to say. Hayden has the feeling that Zenos knew everything about him and Rose. And he wanted to use the chance to tell Zenos that it wasn't possible between them, but Zenos cruelly cut off whatever he wanted to say.

Hayden immediately hit his head on the table due to frustration, but before his head could collide with the table, Zenos immediately placed his hand there instead. So, Hayden's head ends up hitting Zenos's hand. Hayden's eyes widened in shock, and he quickly grabbed Zenos' hand.

"How can you be so stupid?" Hayden asked Zenos with a frown.

"Are you worried about me?" Zenos arched his eyebrows.

"Of course not!" Hayden snapped without knowing the reason.

"Hayden, please be quiet!" The teacher cautioned, making Hayden glare. Hayden quickly wrote in a paper. 'Going to the clinic after class!'

"Unnecessary," Zenos muttered, he clutched Hayden's hand and then turned back to listen to the teacher, which signified the end of the talk.

Hayden frowned and then tried to take his hand, but Zenos' grip was too strong.

This formula can be used to determine the derivative of function F.

______

Hayden found himself drawn to the blue robe he saw in Zenos' closet. He tried to pretend that he had forgotten or had never seen the image before, but the image of that breathtaking robe is always on his mind, which made him decide to design something similar to that for himself. As he can't find something like that, neither would stingy Zenos give him his. He huffed when he remembered how touchy Zenos was earlier.

Hayden suddenly felt a presence near him, which made him lift his head. The cold expression on Zenos's face toned down and Hayden couldn't help but be attracted to it, but Hayden quickly looked back at his drawing.

Zenos could see that what Hayden was designing was something similar to his robe. "Quite different, but beautiful," Zenos pronounced.

"What're you doing here?" Hayden dropped whatever he was doing as he questioned Zenos with an expressionless face.

"Watching you design!" Zenos replied briefly.

"You know that's not what I'm asking!" Hayden hissed in frustration due to Zenos's actions of purposely avoiding his questions. He stood up and looked at Zenos's face with frustration and annoyance.