𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

As soon as the pair touched down in Sydney, Freya was able to breathe a sigh of relief. As much as she adored her beloved Sammy, the feeling of her captains fingernails digging into her skin every time there was a hint of turbulence was not pleasant, especially when she had to deal with it for twenty hours straight.

The pair was able to successfully retrieve their luggage and make their way out to the pickups section of the airport, dragging their bags past seas of people.

"Okay Sam. The bad news is that Alexis flaked on us and she can't pick us up anymore." Freya reluctantly looked over at Sam, being met with an exhausted and exasperated face.

"But the good news is that there is someone even better coming to get us-" her sentence got cut off when a loud car horn started blaring.

"Oi! Sam, Freya!" called out a familiar voice from a black car.

Freya dropped her bags, leaving Sam standing there with the pile of luggage and running towards the car.

"Kyra!" she smiled at the tillies player, pulling her into a hug. "I missed you so much kid!"

Kyra grinned. Though there was a slight age difference between the two Matildas players, they had formed a close bond in the previous camps.

Sam dragged the bags over, Freya leaving her to pack them into the car whilst she reacquainted with one of her favourite teammates.

"You guys are kinda late to camp," Kyra stated, "Most people are already there, and everyone was asking where the famous SK and Freya were."

Freya laughed, with Sam hopping into the back seat and popping her head in between the two girls.

"Hey Kyra!" she smiled, then turning her attention to Freya, "thanks for helping with the bags Fia..not."

A cheeky grin spread across Freya's face. "Honestly Sammy, what would I do without you?"

-

After a lengthy drive filled with a lot of loud music and singing from the two girls in the front, they had finally arrived at camp. Freya instantly felt at home. The Matildas were her family and the camps were some of the only chances she had to be around them.

As soon as the girls walked in, they were flooded with a mass of green and gold players greeting them. A gigantic smile was plastered across Freya's face, as she hugged all of her best friends. It had been a while since she had seen many of them, with her missing the previous camp due to an ACL injury she had sustained at Chelsea.

After what felt like hours, she had finally said hello to everyone. She made her way down the hallway to find her room and dump her stuff before going to speak to tony about the plan for making up missed training time. She read the names on doors. Lani and Macca, Caitlin and Steph, Charli and Kyra...Sam and Freya.

She walked into the room, noticing Sam sprawled across the bed, scrolling on her phone. Sam looked up, glancing towards her teammate.

"I seriously cannot get away from you Freya, its like you're bloody stalking me or something." She laughed, sitting up on her bed.

"Well I'm sorry SK, I don't decide the sleeping arrangements." Freya threw her things down on the floor and made her way over to Sam's bed. "Maybe the universe is putting us in a room together on purpose Sammy, its giving us a sign!" She smiled, throwing her arms around the captains neck and pulling her into a hug.

"A sign of what?" Sam said in a muffled voice due to the chokehold the girl had on her, causing Freya to let go. The pair gazed at eachother.

"Who knows." Freya shrugged, her voice breaking as a part inside of her ached. She walked out of the room, grabbing her boots and training gear.

She had a feeling this was going to be a tricky camp.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:

by the way guys, please don't be silent readers! i wanna hear what you guys think of the book and i want suggestions cause i'm not 100% sure where i'm going to take it!