𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Freya cried alot that night.

Alanna had ended up staying in the recovery room with her. The two squashed onto the tiny single mattress, with Lani squeezing Freya so tightly into a hug that the younger girl almost couldn't breathe.

Thoughts of sadness and confusion swirled through her head all night. What the couple had was magical, straight from out of a movie. She didn't think Sam was like this at all, and it hurt to be betrayed by someone you love.

The worst part was the way she had found out. The fact that Sam didn't even have the guts to confess what had happened was infuriating, and Freya wondered if Sam was even planning on telling her if it hadn't been leaked.

Luckily, it was the end of camp. The girls on the Matildas team were all headed home today, heads hanging low from their losses over the week.

Originally, Sam and Freya were meant to catch a plane home together, but that wasn't going to happen. She had cancelled her ticket, unsure if she was able to face Sam. Freya had also spoken to her coaches at Chelsea and they had agreed to give her a few days extra leave, and she was going to stay in Australia to see her family.

She said tearful goodbyes to Alanna and Mackenzie, who both gave her sympathetic looks. She also saw the rest of the team (minus Sam) as they were getting on buses for the airport.

She had arranged for her dad to pick her up. Luckily, they were playing close to her childhood home so it wouldn't be difficult to organise.

-

Freya held out her arms, her little brother running straight into them. Her dad stood behind the young boy, smiling. 

"August!" she smiled, squeezing him tight.

"Frey-Frey!" he replied. August was four now, and the last time she had seen him in person was when he could barely walk.

She let him go from her release, walking over to pull her father into an embrace. Freya and her dad (Ryan) had always had a bit of a rocky relationship, but they usually sorted things out. All three of the Maddock children had different mums and it was often a topic of disagreement within the family.

She was the oldest of 3, with it being her, her younger sister Amber and August. Amber was only a few years younger than Freya, being 21.

"Where's Amby dad?" she questioned, not seeing her sister.

"At uni Frey." he said, grabbing her bags off the floor.

The car trip back to the house was full of catching up. They arrived, the familiar exterior of her childhood home sending comfort to her soul.

As she walked inside, her dog barked in excitement.

"Bentley!" she yelled, ecstatic to see him again. His tailed wagged as she patted him, a cheeky grin spread across the german sheperd's face.

 His tailed wagged as she patted him, a cheeky grin spread across the german sheperd's face

↑↑ (Bentley pictured above) ↑↑

She walked past her puppy, with him following her towards her old childhood bedroom. A whiff of her familiar vanilla perfume hit her, and the pale yellow walls sent nostalgia through her mind. She forgot how atrocious her bedroom used to look, the influence of her childhood obsessions peeking through.

The walls were plastered with posters, from the Twilight Saga to Blink-182. There were also pictures. So many pictures. Those of her with her best friends, some who she wasn't even in contact with anymore. Then she spotted it; her year 12 formal picture with Alexis. The girls were dolled up in heavy makeup and long gowns, cheesy grins across their faces. 

She ripped the photo off her wall, tossing it into the bin next to her desk. Alexis was dead to her, there was no coming back from what the actor had done.

Her phone pinged for the first time since coming home, and she curiously read the notification on the screen. Sam. She opened up the text conversation.

She stared at the messages, dumbfounded

How on earth could Sam think things were going to fix that easily?

She turned her phone on to do not disturb, putting it on her bedside table and crawling under the covers of her bed.

She needed a break.

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲:

this is shit this is shit this is shit  this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit this is shit