𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Freya had been home for four weeks now, and it was almost time to go back to England.

Living with her family had been great, but also reminded her of why she moved out as soon as possible in the first place. Her and her father were constantly going at eachother's necks, fighting over stupid things. Money, dating, August. Pretty much anything caused them to break out into an argument.

She was going to miss Auggie though. She had loved taking him to school and playing with him, which were things she had never really been able to do due to football. 

Although she was having time off playing football, she had still kept up her fitness. She had been working with a personal trainer who had pushed her to become an even better athlete than she already was, subjecting her to painful training days and harsh recovery regimes.

Her flight was tomorrow, so she had one final day to see everyone. She got ready infront of her floor length mirror, which was plastered with stickers and photos of her favourite celebrities. She was such a fan girl. Curling her hair she sung to the music she was blasting through her speaker, noting how the lyrics she had once sung without a second thought now seemed to relate to her and Sam's relationship.

Well, you cured my January blues
Yeah, you made it all alright
I got a feelin' I might have lit the very fuse
That you were tryin' not to light

She put lip-gloss on, grabbing her keys and giving Bentley a kiss on the forehead before walking out of the door and hopping into her old beat-up Toyota Corolla. This car had been through everything with her when she lived in Australia, being gifted to her by her grandfather. She loved it, even though the paint was chipped and the horn sometimes squeaked.

She hopped in, beginning to drive to the cafe where her and Amber had planned to meet up. Suddenly, her phone began to ring. Without thinking or looking at the Caller ID, she pressed answer, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Hey Dad, did August get to school alright?" she asked, assuming it was her father calling to ask why she wasn't at home.

"Fia!" called out a female voice from the other end of the phone, "I miss youuuu. When can I see you?"

Freya gasped, stopping at a red light. She didn't speak, unable to believe what she was hearing.

"Can you hear me darl? I miss your pretty face." the girl slurred her words, evidently drunk.

"Sam? What the fuck?"

Freya began driving again, the light turning green.

"I just want to hold you again, I'm sorry I fucked up!" Sam continued, digging herself into deeper shit. She was obviously not thinking before she was speaking, her words motivated by alcohol.

"Please talk to me Freya, why are you ignorin-" she was cut off as the blonde girl hung up the phone. She took a deep breath, trying to focus on the road as tears welled in her eyes. She was not ready to hear Sam's voice and her heart ached for the brunette striker.

She parked her car, trying to compose herself before she walked into the cafe. She looked at herself in the car mirror before getting out and locking the doors. Freya spotted Amber, walking over to the taller girl with dirty blonde hair.