𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

After her ordeal with Sam last night, Freya had caught an uber back to Guro's place with her teammate.

The girls had drunkenly devoured the kebabs they got on the way home, before both crashing in Guro's bed for the night.

Freya had literally never slept so heavily. It took Guro 15 minutes to shake her enough so that the younger girl would wake up.

"I thought you were dead! You have to get out of bed." said the darker-haired girl, her thick Norwegian accent very prominent.

"Not dead, just really hungover." Freya groaned, rolling over in the bed so that her back was facing Guro. "My head is pounding, I'm not getting up."

The Norwegian girl hopped up off the bed, rummaging through her closet before grabbing out a blue Chelsea training uniform. "Well suit yourself then Freya, but I'm not dealing with the wrath of Emma Hayes."

Freya's eyes widened, and she shot up in bed. "Fuck, we have training!"

Guro laughed, amused by the blonde girl's panic. Freya hopped out of bed, rummaging through Guro's wardrobe. "Surely you have some of my old training gear in here. We don't have time to go get stuff from my place."

The girls quickly got ready, with Freya in a very old variation of the uniform they were supposed to wear. They got in the car, checking the time. 

Training started 5 minutes ago.

Freya had never genuinely feared for her life as much as she did that day. With her head still spinning from the sudden wake-up, Guro's already awful driving felt even more erratic than usual. She was honestly surprised that the two of them had made it there in one piece.

They raced onto the field, the other girls already doing kicking drills.

"Hey Em, sorry we're late. Traffic." Guro lied, catching her breath.

"Yeahh, traffic." added Freya, a guilty look spread across her face.

Emma looked between the two girls, a stern look painted on her. "Ten laps girls." 

They groaned, dropping to the ground and putting their boots on. 

-

After lap 10, Freya fell to the floor, spreading across the grass. She looked up at the sky, taking a moment to steady her breathing after that abrupt start to training. The other girls had stopped for a water break now, with most of them sitting down infront of the goals.

She looked up, her vision being met with the chocolate brown eyes that belonged to Sam Kerr. She fake-screamed, pretending to be startled by Sam's sudden arrival.

"Did I startle you darl?" Sam asked, sitting down on the grass. 

"Nope, I was pretending." Freya sat up aswell, a cheeky grin on her face.

They sat quietly for a moment before Millie came over and joined them. Freya could have sworn that she saw a look of disappointment coming from Sam when Millie interrupted their alone time.

"Rough night eh, Frey?" Millie questioned, bringing her legs to her chest.

"Yep. Vodka pong evidently isn't for me." She joked.

The three girls laughed, all remembering how wasted Freya was the previous night.

"They mustn't know how to have a good drink in Australia, you were never this much of a lightweight before your hiatus." Lauren said, joining in on their conversation.

Freya paused for a second, thinking about how to reply. Obviously the girls didn't realise how bad things had to be for her to abandon the team for close to six weeks.