𝐓𝐖𝐎: making the best of it

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨: making the best of it

( 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 )

March came a lot quicker than Micha expected. Christmas in Australia came and went, as did New Year's. She loved being home with her family, winters in Korea were always quite cold and lonely with no family living there.

But before she knew it, she was back in Korea recording music and filming music videos to be released near the end of March. It was a lot of work, but she had her best friends with her— she was unstoppable.

Micha and Sangyeon walked out of the airport after a long flight from Korea to Bahrain, hand-in-hand. Things with Sangyeon were going well. There had been no more controversies since November and he had been more loving to her, bringing her breakfast in bed and taking her out to fancy dinners after a long day. They were the current IT couple— nobody could deny that.

Immediately, there were people snapping photos of them. Micha covered her eyes slightly with the rim of her black ballcap, the flashing lights hurting her eyes. Sangyeon gripped her hand tighter as they approached a parked taxi. Sangyeon opened the door and got inside, Micha followed close behind. He told the driver to take them to the Bahrain International Circuit, where they'd be watching Oscar's first Formula 1 race.

Sangyeon huffed when the driver began to drive away from the hoards of people. "It's a nightmare every single time."

Micha chuckled at her boyfriend and pressed a kiss to his cheek. She agreed with him, paparazzi and fans tended to not know what personal space was. "I think I'm finally starting to get used to it, after four years. I think you will too."

Sangyeon seemed to freeze for a split second and she watched his expression harden. She stared at him in confusion. "So what, you think you're better than me?"

Micha stared at him, dumbfounded. Where did that come from? She didn't think she said anything to offend him, did she? She felt his hand leave hers. "No, not at all!"

He scoffed. "It sure sounded that way." He pulled out his phone from his pocket, "You always think you're so much better than me. Just because you're a part of some nobody girl group doesn't mean you're more popular than I am."

Micha couldn't believe what she was hearing. She hadn't intended for her words to be so harmful to him, she was just going along with what he said. And to say that she and her group members were nobodies? She bit her lip between her teeth so hard she thought she'd draw blood. Sangyeon didn't spare her a second glance as he typed away on his phone.

She moved slightly away from him, leaning her head on the door of the taxi. The horrible feeling she hadn't felt since November returned to her stomach, and it wasn't a welcome feeling. She hated it. She hated how his moods changed so quickly, how she, more often than not, had to walk on eggshells around him.