𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: forgiveness

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: forgiveness

( 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 )

It was around midday, and Micha sat at her desk brainstorming new lyrics. During the half an hour she was sitting there, she wrote nothing. She sighed and tossed her pen haphazardly on the desk. Despite everything happening, she couldn't think of a single lyric. And when she did, it was something she had already heard of. Just then, there was a knock at her front door.

She furrowed her brows together. She wasn't expecting company, especially not in the middle of the day. She stood from her desk and walked to the door, expecting to see a Girl Scout selling cookies or a middle-aged man telling her about a religion she had no interest in. But instead, she saw someone else.

Sangyeon.

He stood at her door, holding red roses and a box of chocolates. He looked guilty, but Micha knew looks were only a facade; he could be thinking anything. "Sangyeon?" She questioned.

"Mi..." He greeted her, "Can we talk? Please?" He seemed genuine.

Micha bit her lip nervously. She didn't know what to say. He broke her heart-- could he ever regain that trust? But then again, she also wanted to hear him out. He looked genuinely guilty.

She stepped aside to allow him inside. "We can talk, I suppose." She told him. He quietly stepped inside and handed her the flowers and chocolates. "I got your favourites... red roses and milk chocolates."

Red roses weren't her favourite flower, nor was milk chocolate her favourite. In fact, her favourite flowers were pink and white carnations, and she much preferred dark chocolate. But she saw his efforts regardless and appreciated them. Sangyeon sat at the table as Micha put the roses in a vase. Once she was done, she sat down across from him.

Sangyeon cleared his throat. "I first just want to say how sorry I am; I am so, so sorry." He said, "You know I never like hurting you, ever."

Micha nodded. His apology didn't make her feel any better. She thought it would, but she still felt upset. "Is that all?" She asked.

"Well... it'd be nice to know if you forgive me," Sangyeon said.

Micha shook her head slightly. "You still cheated on me, Sangyeon." She explained, "An apology doesn't change that."

Sangeyon stopped for a moment as if thinking about what to say next. He played with his fingers nervously. "There's more to the story, Mi. I promise there is."