𝐓𝐄𝐍: closer

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧: closer

( 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 )

Lando woke up with the sun shining directly into his eyes and his mind filled with confusion. He looked at himself and noticed he was still wearing the same clothes he had the previous night. He breathed a sigh of relief– no need for an NDA. But he was still confused. He could tell from the makeup on the dresser that it wasn't his room, so whose room was he in?

He sat up in bed, blinking harshly. He turned his head and nearly jumped out of his skin– a woman slept beside him. At closer inspection, he realized the woman wasn't a stranger, but Micha. The memories of the night before suddenly hit him, recalling what she had asked of him. He sighed a breath of relief that nothing had happened. But he couldn't deny that twinge of disappointment. He brushed it off– that's your best friend's sister you're thinking about, Lando, he thought.

Lando held his breath as he watched the slow rise and fall of her chest, her plump lips parted. He couldn't tear his gaze away from her– she looked so relaxed and at peace. He knew that despite her extroverted and happy exterior, she had her battles, so it was nice to see her like that. For one, Sangyeon. A surge of anger hit the man at the thought of her ex-boyfriend.

He stood up from the bed. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't stare at her forever. He needed to get out of there before somebody spotted him. He didn't have a good excuse why he would be in her room– so he had to be careful. But despite the situation, he couldn't deny himself one look behind him at her sleeping figure. She was impossibly beautiful; he was entranced.

Once more, he tore his gaze away from her and left her hotel room on high alert. He didn't see anyone in the hallway, so he was safe to go. Or so he thought until he heard a voice behind him that made his blood go cold.

"Lando!" Oscar called out. Lando stopped and slowly turned around. He could immediately see that Oscar was confused and slightly angry.

"Oh, hey, Osc." He greeted the Australian casually. He hoped that his voice didn't betray him. Oscar crossed his arms, "Why were you in Mi's room?"

Lando saw that question coming. He pressed his lips together and wracked his brain for an excuse. He cleared his throat, "I was just..." He trailed off, "I was asking if she wanted to come to the track with us! Yeah, that's what I did."

Oscar furrowed his eyebrows. "I thought that was already the plan."

His heart pounded in his ears. "I just wanted to make sure she remembered, that's all." He explained, "What's with the third degree, man?"

"Nothing, just wanted to make sure." Oscar said, "She's awake, yeah?"

"She was when I was talking to her, but she seemed tired. She might be back asleep." He joked, but it was mainly an excuse for why she'd still be asleep. Lando excused himself, saying that he was going to get some breakfast. While he walked away, he heard Oscar knock on Micha's door.