9 - The right choice.

00:23 AM

*Tom's POV.*

While hugging her tight I gave her kisses. My tears couldn't stop. I was so shocked about what just happened. She was just laying in my arms right now. Without any chance to die. I was scared for my life. If she jumped I would jump after her. But she is safe now. She was safe here with me.

After a couple of minutes Bill came thru the door. "What the hell happened Tom?" He asked worried and shocked at the same time. "She wanted to jump..." I burst into tears again. Everything in my body hurted. "What?! He said while looking shocked at me and Elena. "Is she okay?" He asked when he got next to us. "I don't know." I said while still trembling. "Are you okay, Tom?" He asked while trying to calm me down. "I don't know..." I said. My arms were under Elena's arms and my head was next to hers. I lay my hand on her chest. I felt her heart beating. She was breathing too.

"Tom we need to call the ambulance." Bill said with his hand on my back. "No..." I said soft. "Why not? You are traumatized and Elena collapsed!" He said worried. "Don't call..." I tried to say with all my energy. I felt my eyes shut down and I didn't felt my body. The pain was gone and it felt like I was sleeping. I felt Bill's hand on my chest. "Tom I have to call them, I can't do this alone." I heard Bill's voice going thru my head.

The sirens of the ambulance echoed in the street. People were pointing to the roof and the doctors were coming to it. I sat unconscious on the floor with Elena still in my arms. Bill sat behind me with his hands on my back and shoulders. It was freezing cold on top if the roof and I felt Elena's cold breath on my arm. It was like we were in a freezer. Bill's hands were the only thing warm. I wanted to hold Elena closer to me but I couldn't move. Voices from a few people came up the stairs. "They're here, everything will be fine." I heard Bill whisper in my ears. I didn't want to go with the ambulance. I wanted to stay with Elena, I wanted to keep her safe. How would she feel now? Maybe she isn't in pain, or maybe she is...

I heard people talking to Bill, then I felt hands around me. The ambulance workers lifted me up. I felt so weak and I couldn't breathe fully. "He is too cold." I heard a blurry voice say. "How's the girl doing?" The man asked a another worker. I tried to listen cause I wanted to know if she was okay. "She is unconscious and a bit cold, but otherwise everything is fine." The woman said. I was relieved. My girl is okay. "Perfect, but we still need to take her with us for a check." One of the guys said that hold me. "This boy is a little less lucky." The man said while walking downstairs to the ambulance car. "He needs more oxygen and we need to warm him up." He said. But I didn't care. Elena was fine and that was the only thing that mattered to me.
When I was in the ambulance car and they gave me more oxygen I heard a woman. "The girl is waking up!" She told the guy who gave me oxygen. "That's great!" He answered. I tried to open my eyes a bit, but I just couldn't do anything.

*Elena's POV.*

As soon as I woke up I looked around myself. There was a woman in bright clothes standing next to me. Then I saw that there were ambulances and that I was lying in one. "Where is my boyfriend ma'am...?" I asked softly. "Wich one is your boyfriend, the one with black hair?" She asked with a smile. "No he has brown eyes, a lip piercing, baggy clothes and dreadlocks." I said. "Okay, you remember that good! He is in the ambulance there. He needs oxygen and he needs to warm up." She said calmly. "What? Oxygen? What happened?!" I asked worried. What did I do that he needed oxygen? Why was I so stupid? Without even waiting for the reaction I stood up and walked to the ambulance where Tom was. I staggered towards it cause I stood up too fast.

When I saw him I stopped and looked at him. He was laying on the stretcher with an oxygen mask. The head of the stretcher was up and his eyes were closed. I walked up to him and took his hand. He was cold like ice. I caressed his hand gently to warm it up a bit. "Tom... are you okay...?" I asked softly, but he didn't reacted. "He will be okay." A man said while he put his hand on my shoulder. It was one of the ambulance workers. "He just needs some time." The man smiled at me. "Do you feel okay now?" He asked. I nodded and looked back at Tom. I was still caressing his hand as I was holding it. After a couple of minutes his hand was warmer. I felt that he squeezed my hand a little bit. I was so relieved that he did that. I squeezed back softly. I saw that his eyes opened and that a little smile appeared on his face. I hugged him. "Thank god you're still here..." I whispered. "I am so sorry for what I did." A tear rolled down my face. "It doesn't matter my love..." He said soft. "You made the right choice." I looked at him again and we smiled at each other. I felt myself warming up inside. His fingers were caressing my back softly while we were hugging.

"Your temperature and oxygen is fine now. You guys can go but keep us posted on how it goes, okay?" The man that was with us said after a long time. We nodded. He gave us a number to message and we got up from the stretcher where we both were sitting on. We walked to Tom's bike while holding each other. "Maybe I should ride the bike, don't you think?" I asked Tom. "Yeah, we don't want to fall into a ditch." We both laughed and I unlocked the bike. Tom got on the back and I started cycling. When we got away from the centrum and we were on a road along a lawn, Tom put his arms around my waist. His head leaned against my back as he looked at the field and water.

When we arrived at Tom's house it was already dark inside. Before we came home we messaged Bill that everything was fine and that he didn't needed to wait for us. We got inside and walked to Tom's room carefully so no one would wake up. Tom closed the door behind him and I let myself fall on his bed. I sighed, this was the most painful day in my life. A day that we would never forget. If Tom didn't got earlier, I would've already jumped.

Tom let himself fall next to me on his bed. He was looking at the ceiling. I looked at him. His side profile was so pretty, just like him. When he looked back at me he smiled. I smiled back but I could feel the tears coming again. He saw it and lifted me up. He placed me on his lap. His face to mine and his arms were on my waist. "You don't regret your choice, or do you?" He asked me while wiping a tear from my face. I looked at him and burst out into tears. He hugged me. His arms were around me tight and he was rubbing my back while giving me little kisses. "Believe me, you made the best choice ever. Maybe it doesn't feel like that now, but it will do after a time. Trust me, my love." He said lovingly. The tears rolled over my face like they couldn't stop. "It's okay, my love. You can cry as much as you want, I will be here for you." His voice and touches were calming me down. I rested my head on his shoulder while his chest was against mine.

*Tom's POV.*

I was calming Elena down as she was crying. She didn't deserve this, I wanted her to be happy. Her sound broke my heart. I knew that she regretted that she didn't jump. I caressed her head while she rests on my shoulder. After a while I saw that she fell asleep. My hands were still on the back of her head and her back. I got more up the bed and laid her down carefully. I lay down next to her and put my arm around her. This night was like one out of my nightmares. So much things had happened but we were safe now. Together, in my bed. I kissed her and fell asleep too. I dreamed about everything that happened for the whole night. About the party, the fight between us and the boy and about that Elena wanted to kill herself.