Chapter 4

"Sanddust! Cloudrunner has collapsed!" Redpaw screamed as he was suddenly jerked into a dream and fell to the ground as well. 

Redpaw woke up in unfamiliar territory. He then saw a figure coming out of the shadows. "Brackenfang?" he said groggily. The shape said, "Yes, it is me, Brackenfang. I have come to you to warn you. Come with me." Redpaw did as he was told, and followed Brackenfang down the hill he was standing on. There, at the bottom of the hill, were four cats. Redpaw thought, What are they doing here? Brackenfang greeted the two other cats, whilst the other two remained silent. Brackenfang said, "This is Feathertail, and the other one is Mothstripe." he pointed to the two cats with his tail. Mothstripe whispered something to the smaller cat, and the cat said, "My name is Honeyfrost, and I'm from CloudClan." The gray she-cat said, "Nice to meet you Honeyfrost! My name is Shadowwing, and my clan is ShadeClan." Finally, it was Redpaw's turn. He nervously said, "I'm Redpaw, from LightningClan." Then, Mothstripe cleared his throat and said, "I am sorry to say this, but a loner will come into LightningClan, and eradicate it." A wave of shock swept over Redpaw, "But LightningClan can't be destroyed!" "And then," Mothstripe continued on, "The other clans will be next." Then, they all faded away, leaving no evidence that they had ever been there.

Redpaw jerked awake. He had been half scared to death when Mothstripe had said those horrible words. Redpaw was in a cold sweat and panting for breath. Why did Mothstripe say that? Maybe he's wrong... His thoughts were interrupted when Dawnpaw strode over. "Hey, Redpaw! Uh, why are you staring at the den wall like that?" Redpaw snapped back to the living world. "Oh- uh, nothing." Dawnpaw looked suspiciously at Redpaw, but replied, "Oh, okay, sure." Then, Dawnpaw padded out of the apprentice's den. Redpaw followed, seeing what tasks he could do. Whisperwood called out to him, "Redpaw! Can you come with me on border patrol?" "Sure!" Redpaw said excitedly. As they walked past the bracken barrier, a snake of worry crept through Redpaw. What if they met the loner that was going to destroy the clans? Redpaw shook it off, No, that can't possibly happen, he thought. Redpaw left his scent on a dead tree when a cat walked by. Please don't let that be the loner, he pleaded inside his head, but the cat passed by harmlessly. Redpaw heaved a huge sigh of relief, Wait, why am I so worried about some stupid harmless prophecy? Redpaw laughed uneasily at his own joke. Suddenly, a figure leapt up and brought Redpaw down with him. Redpaw tried to scream for help, but they were muffled by a paw on his mouth. Redpaw looked helplessly as he was dragged slowly towards the Highstones in the distance.