Chapter 11

Honeyfrost shared all the details with Quailstar, and he listened attentively, nodding. When Honeyfrost finished, both Hawkwhisker and Quailstar were breathless. "Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me this Honeyfrost."  "Of course, I would tell my leader." she nodded. Honeyfrost padded out the leader's den. "Are you okay Honeyfrost?" "Yes," Honeyfrost replied calmly. "Ok, good," Hawkwhisker said, and he left. Honeyfrost got into her nest and sighed. She was finally back home.

"Honeyfrost? Are you there?" Honeyfrost jerked awake. "Hello? Is anyone there? Where am I?" "Hello!" a voice mewed. "OH MY- STARCLAN HELP ME." "Um, what do you mean? I'm a StarClan cat." "AH-oh, wait what?" The small cat tipped her head expectantly, "I'm Brightkit." "Oh. I'm Honeyfrost. Are you a kit?" "Yes. What is wrong with that?" "Oh, nothing. Why am I in StarClan again?" "Because," Brightkit replied. "Yes? Because...?" Honeyfrost said. "Because you're a special cat StarClan specifically asked me to tell you something." "Um... ok." Honeyfrost sighed. "Come with me," Brightkit beckoned Honeyfrost over with her tail. Honeyfrost obediently followed Brightkit to the edge of a pool. "What are we doing here Brightkit?" Honeyfrost asked, curious. Brightkit didn't answer, but instead, she touched the surface of the water with her forepaw, causing the water to ripple. An image appeared, and Honeyfrost gasped. She saw two figures at the edge of a pool as well. One of them had scars on his back, while the other was missing an ear. They both had blood on their paws. "Who are they?" Honeyfrost asked. She turned around to face Brightkit, but she was gone. Honeyfrost was alone in this dark, empty place. It was eerily still and cold with no signs of life in this place. She started shivering, when a jet-black tom stepped out, his eyes white as snow. Honeyfrost shuddered when the tom started padding closer and closer to her. Honeyfrost took a step backwards, and found herself pressed against a wall. The tom had pinned her down. Honeyfrost could barely breathe. She managed to push her attacker off, but she had been injured. Suddenly, the tom disappeared, and Brightkit emerged. Honeyfrost lay there, panting, "Where were you Brightkit? I was almost killed!" "You were perfectly capable of defeating him!" "No! I could've died!" "This is StarClan, not the Dark Forest." Brightkit reminded Honeyfrost. "But still!" Brightkit sighed deeply, and Honeyfrost had a feeling that she was getting pulled somewhere. When Honeyfrost opened her eyes, she was back in her nest. Weird.