Chapter 15

Shadowwing gasped in horror as Nightheather said those words. Nightheather nodded, "It's true," "But, that's so cruel!" Shadowwing said. "And that's why Darkflame is in the Dark Forest now." Nightheather snapped. "Oh," Shadowwing said quietly. "It's okay, you don't have to feel sorry for me," Nightheather told her. "But I can't help but feel it!" "I've talked too much. You need to go back now." Nightheather interrupted her. Then, Nightheather's face disappeared.

"Hello? Shadowwing? Are you awake?" someone prodded her. "AHH!" Shadowwing screamed. "Oh, it's just you Rainkit." "Yep! IT'S ME!" Rainkit chirped happily. "No, it's too early to be like this Rainsoot," Shadowwing complained. "It is never!" Rainkit giggled. Shadowwing rolled her eyes, "Aren't you supposed to be in the nursery with Petalfoot?" Rainkit froze, "Oh, um, I kinda, snuck out." "WHAT?! Come on! We're getting you back to Petalfoot. Now." Shadowwing ordered. "Aww," Rainkit whined. Shadowwing practically dragged Rainkit to the nursery, where she found Petalfoot pacing around frantically. When Petalfoot saw Shadowwing holding Rainkit, she released a sigh, "Oh, thank StarClan you're okay Rainkit! Thank you Shadowwing for bringing him back." "No problem," Shadowwing dipped her head politely. Shadowwing had nothing to do except to lay around. She started to doze off, but a tail swept over her view. "Shadowwing? Don't fall asleep!" "W-what?" Shadowwing shook her head to shake off the sleepiness as she recognized the voice, the clan deputy, Larkpelt. "Duskstar told you to go talk to him!" Larkpelt continued. Shadowwing was confused, Why would Duskstar ask me to go to his den? Still full of questions, she slowly walked across to the leader's den, but one question remained inside of her, trapping her thoughts and emotions into one big pile, What's going to happen now?