Chapter 5

Honeyfrost woke up, unaware of what would happen next. What just happened? Honeyfrost thought. She could barely think when she flopped down again and started to dream.

She was on a moor, wind blowing in her face. The next second, she saw Mothstripe, standing there. Honeyfrost rolled her eyes, "Oh, it's you again." Mothstripe gasped dramatically, "So that's how you treat your elder, who is wiser, and who definitely has more sense than you?! RUDE." Honeyfrost muttered under her breath, "Yeah, the sense of a newborn kit." "WHAT?" Mothstripe yelled. "NOTHING, JUST GET ON WITH IT." Mothstripe scoffed, "OK." Honeyfrost followed Mothstripe to the edge of the moor, where it met with the river and the grassy land. Honeyfrost breathed in amazement. "It's beautiful." She saw four more cats walking down the edge. Mothstripe gestured to them, "Those two are Featherwing and Brackenfang. Now, introduce yourselves." "My name is Honeyfrost, and I'm from CloudClan." The gray she-cat said, "Nice to meet you Honeyfrost! My name is Shadowwing, and my clan is ShadeClan." Finally, the fox-red tom came forward, looking nervous, "I'm Redpaw, and I'm from LightningClan." Mothstripe smiled happily, satisfied, "Now let's get on to the real business. We are here today to discuss, ahem, matters." Redpaw asked, "What's wrong?" Mothstripe cleared his throat rather loudly, "I am sorry to say this, but a loner will come into LightningClan, and destroy it completely." "What?!" Redpaw squeaked in alarm. "B-but LightningClan can't be destroyed!" Mothstripe sighed sadly, "I'm afraid it will fall apart. Then, the other clans will be next." Mothstripe, Brackenfang, and Featherwing all started to fade away as Honeyfrost's awe at the beauty of the territory vanished. They all screamed, "Don't go!" But they were already gone.

Honeyfrost awoke once again, thinking, That was a horrifying experience, brain, let's not do that ever again, as all the other cats in the warrior's den woke up too. "Honeyfrost? Are you okay? You were crying out in your sleep!" Hawkwhisker mewed, concern filling his eyes. "Y-yeah, I'm okay." Honeyfrost spluttered. Hawkwhisker stretched out and let out a massive yawn, "Well, I've got dawn patrol to do, so see you later." "Um, yeah! See you later..." As Hawkwhisker left, Honeyfrost started to feel uneasy. Was what Mothstripe said actually true, or not? She told herself, Will the clans fall apart? Honeyfrost stretched out and walked out of the den. She looked around, and most cats were on dawn patrol, whilst the apprentices were either training with their mentors, or doing apprentice duties. The deputy, Junipernose, was sorting out the hunting and border patrols. "Berryfur, you lead a hunting patrol. I want you to take Blackwing, Softear, Frosttail, and Honeyfrost with you." Junipernose announced. Berryfur dipped his head, "Yes Junipernose. Come on!" Berryfur lead the four cats out the heather barrier. They walked through the ravine and down to the gorge. Suddenly, a rabbit burst out of the bushes and ran out onto the clearing. Honeyfrost chased it down to the edge of their territory, when she bumped into something hard. She looked up, and saw a massive brown tabby tom, glaring at her. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" he yelled. "Oh, I'm sorry!" she shook her head, What am I doing apologizing to a loner! She was starting to pad off, when she stumbled into Blackwing. Blackwing said tauntingly, "I saw you apologizing to that loner! Clan cats don't say 'sorry' to loners! 'Sorry' doesn't feed bellies!" Softear and Frosttail trailed behind Blackwing. Frosttail looked taken aback, "Is that true Honeyfrost?" Honeyfrost hesitated, "Yes, it is true." Berryfur froze in shock behind them, holding a shrew between her jaws. "I-I'm sorry." Honeyfrost stuttered. Berryfur shook his head, "I think we've had a lot of drama these past few days, we should probably gather our prey and go back to camp." Honeyfrost heaved a huge sigh of relief, Thank you Berryfur! She silently thanked him. They picked up their prey, and walked back to camp in silence. Suddenly, a figure flashed out in front of them. They were all to surprised to fight back. The figure eliminated all of them except for Honeyfrost. She was then held by the forepaw and dragged towards Highstones.