Chapter 8

Honeyfrost ran as far as she could go. Honeyfrost thought, I have to get away from this cruel place! Honeyfrost ran farther and farther until she got to familiar territory. Her clanmate, Songfeather, noticed her and said, "Honeyfrost? Is that you?" Songfeather dropped her prey and ran over. "Honeyfrost! I've missed you so much, where have you been?" "Er, well, I got captured." "What?!" Songfeather exclaimed. "Well, I don't really know what happened," Honeyfrost explained. Songfeather said, "Come on, let's get you back to camp." They both walked back. Every cat gasped as Honeyfrost and Songfeather padded into the camp. There were murmurs of, "It's Honeyfrost!" and "She's back!" Quailstar ran out from his den, "Honeyfrost? You're back?" "Yes Quailstar, I am back," Honeyfrost sighed. Quailstar heaved a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness you're here again. I thought I had lost you!" "I'm glad to be back," Honeyfrost replied. She walked into the warrior's den to find Hawkwhisker there. "I've missed you so much Honeyfrost!" Hawkwhisker exclaimed. "Me too Hawkwhisker," Honeyfrost said. "Where have you been?" "You really want me to tell you the entire story?" "Yes, of course I do." Honeyfrost sighed, "Okay, fine." Hawkwhisker leaned forward eagerly. Honeyfrost started with the story about how she got dragged to Highstones, along with Redpaw and Shadowwing. Hawkwhisker nodded. "And then, I was trapped inside a cave. I was sleeping in the nest, and when I woke up, I saw a cat slide a piece of a mouse to the guard stationed outside, and when the she-cat ate it, the mouse revealed that it actually had poppy seeds in it!" Honeyfrost exclaimed. "Did you get a glimpse of this cat?" Hawkwhisker pressed. Honeyfrost shook her head, "No, it was too dark to see." "We should tell this to Quailstar," Hawkwhisker suggested. Honeyfrost shrugged, "Sure, why not?" Honeyfrost stretched out her hind legs and followed Hawkwhisker out. They walked over the clearing to the entrance into the leader's den. "Quailstar? Are you there?" Honeyfrost said, her voice echoing. Suddenly, the sound of a twig breaking sounded through the den. Both Honeyfrost and Hawkwhisker flinched. They backed away slowly. A voice rang out clearly, "Wait! It's me, Quailstar!" Quailstar stepped out of the shadows, and into the open. They both sighed in relief. "So, what did you come here for?" Quailstar asked. Honeyfrost took a deep breath, "To tell you what happened when I got captured."